2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

ckupq

Observer
Its impressive, but It would drive better with some 285' and something better than whatever that shock is out front. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox comes out with something better to replace that with right away.

p nut

butter
Its impressive, but It would drive better with some 285' and something better than whatever that shock is out front. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox comes out with something better to replace that with right away.

Guy, you've not even seen one yet, much less driven one. :elkgrin::elkgrin:

Clutch

<---Pass

It is already out, has been for awhile.

tc77504_2.jpg

ckupq

Observer
Guy, you've not even seen one yet, much less driven one. :elkgrin::elkgrin:

Right. I haven't also seen he ride control shocks that they put in the Denali's, but all I hear about is how people say they suck on road and off.

XJLI

Adventurer
I'm sure you can massage a 32 or even a skinny 33 under the ZR2 without a lift. With the shocks in the ZR2 Idk if I'd replace them with anything else.

herm

Adventurer
geez... all i here from you guys is "meh... the shocks can't be that good, those guys at AMG, McLaren, Redbull Racing and Aston Martin don't really know anything"

give it a chance?

i will be excited to try one of these and will hope with all my hopeing that it makes it way to a full size.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
33s on the ZR2. Cool rig. I'd like to see locking front diff offered as an option on the Canyon and the skid plate should be offered as an option on all trims.

I've never been a chevy fan.. But my recent experience with a couple of their new vehicles has me thinking a GMC may actually end up in my driveway at some point. Interior materials quality still need to come up a touch in the SLT trim.

Dalko43

Explorer
geez... all i here from you guys is "meh... the shocks can't be that good, those guys at AMG, McLaren, Redbull Racing and Aston Martin don't really know anything"

give it a chance?

i will be excited to try one of these and will hope with all my hopeing that it makes it way to a full size.

Seriously...the ZR2 hasn't even come out, and already people are voicing skepticism on its reliability. I'm a diehard Toyota fan myself, but I'm approaching this with an open mind. If it comes out and gets decent reviews, I'll seriously consider selling in my 4runner and picking up one of these things.

Front and Rear Lockers. Rock Rails. Armor. Factory-engineered offroad suspension. Inline 4 turbodiesel. Again, I ask where are all the supposed offroad truck enthusiasts who were losing their minds when the new Tacoma came out....this is the one they should be salivating over.

Edit: I am a little miffed that Chevy is dropping the tow and payload capacity though. 5k lbs isn't a whole lot nowadays, especially for that 2.8L Duramax.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Seriously...the ZR2 hasn't even come out, and already people are voicing skepticism on its reliability. I'm a diehard Toyota fan myself, but I'm approaching this with an open mind. If it comes out and gets decent reviews, I'll seriously consider selling in my 4runner and picking up one of these things.

Front and Rear Lockers. Rock Rails. Armor. Factory-engineered offroad suspension. Inline 4 turbodiesel. Again, I ask where are all the supposed offroad truck enthusiasts who were losing their minds when the new Tacoma came out....this is the one they should be salivating over.

Edit: I am a little miffed that Chevy is dropping the tow and payload capacity though. 5k lbs isn't a whole lot nowadays, especially for that 2.8L Duramax.
All the desert runner rigs get reduced payload numbers due to suspension setup. No surprise.

haven

Expedition Leader
I expect the ZR2 to cost about $25,000 less than a new Raptor. Dealers have huge markups on the Raptor, and pre-orders are close to being sold out. I think Chevrolet will slightly undercut the price of the Tacoma TRD Pro, which costs $43,700 for a dual cab model with automatic trans.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Can anyone provide the specs on the new Z71 Diesel Colorado or this new ZR2s'? I'm looking at getting a crew cab Colorado Z71 with a long bed and the 2.8. I'm interested in the ZR2. Hard to pass up a front selectable locker. I have been wanting GM to do this for ages. I mean they had the know how from the old Hummer lineup.

My old ZR2 has a 7.25 front diff, a 8.65 rear diff, with 31 spline axle shafts, and 3.73 gears. Can anyone provide these specs on the new Colorado Diesel for me? I know they have 3.42 gears standard. That's all I know though.

I'm picturing long bed Diesel with a 5-or 6 inch lift, 33s, toolbox, winch bumper up front, rear bumper (so far from A.D.D.), sliders, bed tracks for securing whatever, and some lights. Couple that with a nice off road trailer with all the goodies, and being able to haul my KLR650, I'll be in Heaven!!!!

Last edited:

ZR2nit

Adventurer
I am curious about why the drop in payload and towing capacity. I mean do you really lose 2700 lbs towing because of a 2 inch lift and a selectable front locker? Especially with the diesel? I mean they reinforced the frame what the heck?

rkj__

Adventurer
GM built my dream truck, with every feature I would have asked for. Well done GM. The ZR2 completely embarrasses the off road capabilities of any other stock vehicle in the GM lineup.

Unfortunately for me, I don't live near desert, or mountains, and don't do as much off road driving as I used to. Oh, and of course, there is the fact that I can't afford it anyway.

I think the drop in payload and towing is likely as a result of the suspension changes. The tongue weight of a 7500 lb trailer would probably drop the rear end a lot. Based on the ratings of the Z71 trucks, you can be confident the brakes, transmission, frame, and engine are able to handle more than the ZR2's posted numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier