2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Keyne

Adventurer
Its too bad the payload on these trucks is so low (Taco as well). Would be great to put a FWC or a AT Habitat on there but when you factor in the camper, water, batteries, etc. it really goes over the max.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I wonder how long the multimatic shocks last before a rebuild/replacement? If guessing I would say they are more expensive than a Fox/Icon coilover. Kudos to chevy I think they nailed it with this truck, tis should sway a lot of Tacoma guys over to chevy.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I know next to nothing about the Multimatic but I can't imagine it's any worse than the rebuild interval FOX quotes. I don't know if I'll follow it to the letter with my 2.5 and 2.0 IFP since you're supposed to service them every 1,000 miles in 50/50 mixed use. They say 10,000 miles on 100% street use and 500 miles on 100% offroad (which in their definition is probably desert racing type). I wonder if the TRD Pro FOX components have the same intervals? Hmmm.

As far as this truck, if I wasn't a Toyota fanboy who buys only used it would punch all the buttons except for a stick shift. Double lockers, diesel, real tires, reasonable lift from the factory. It's about all you could ask for stock. I honestly hope Ford brings a diesel version to the Ranger and Nissan does something to push the market with the Frontier so that Toyota feels the heat and at least drops in a diesel to the Tacoma. In my view the ideal situation is Toyota just starts selling a Hilux for commercial/base buyers. But that's unlikely.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Anyone notice the zr2 video that chevy put, a white one is going slow downhill and in the background they jump a black zr2. I can't wait to see the youtube fail videos when guys start doing the same stupid stuff that the raptor guys did when they jumped those things and tore them up.

mccustomize

Explorer
Right. I haven't also seen he ride control shocks that they put in the Denali's, but all I hear about is how people say they suck on road and off.

Right, but this shock technology isn't even the same concept as the magnetic ride control in the Denali's. This is tech trickled down from the Z28 Camaro, which NOBODY complains about.

The couple of friends I have with new Denali's rave about the ride and handling of the magnetic ride control.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Right, but this shock technology isn't even the same concept as the magnetic ride control in the Denali's. This is tech trickled down from the Z28 Camaro, which NOBODY complains about.

The couple of friends I have with new Denali's rave about the ride and handling of the magnetic ride control.

I agree, pretty much anything multimatic touches is top notch, plus this gives the Colorado something no other off-road truck can claim.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
This truck seems very impressive. I think it looks to be more capable then the Tacoma TRD PRO in stock form. I really hope Ford delivers on the new Ranger.

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
Chevy really hit this one out of the park. The thing I really like is that they didn't just chuck a small lift and tires at it and call it done. I mean, how many vehicles come with sliders from the factory? And it sounds like this may have a full complement of skids, something not many vehicles can say. Selectable rear AND front lockers, higher clearance bumpers, tuned suspension, diesel.....if only they offered a manual......the heat is on for the other guys, that's for sure.

jdreier

Observer
Now Chevy needs to bring back the Astro, and put all this Zr2 tech in that! I'd be at the chevy dealership with a blank check if that happened.

rkj__

Adventurer
Now Chevy needs to bring back the Astro, and put all this Zr2 tech in that! I'd be at the chevy dealership with a blank check if that happened.

You, and maybe 15 other people, nation wide. Unfortunately, that's not a very good business case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles