2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

perhaps I am wrong but that appears to be a z71 not the z72 I think there isa big difference in clearance and having seen on I think you could fit 33 easily. On my old H3 35 fit with no problem and no lift just minor rubbing at full extension and full lock

Clutch

<---Pass
The ONLY problem I have with GM trucks is their square wheel openings which are problematic for going with larger tires.

Apparently GM has a solution in the works...

80-chevy_gmc_3156bbb79bd6df111bffa03ef0d30d3f50682e48.png

original.jpg

Land Cruiser has squarish wheel openings, arguably one of the most capable off-highway vehicles in existence. No need for 35-37" tires either...

d3c476c11a0bc51090da9863a03b02e2.jpg

Goes beyond the wheel arches too...just look how nice everything is tucked up nice high.

ef0ce9c503484a887ab954072f834e3a--toyota-land-cruiser-family-cars.jpg

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Chevrolet has entered a modified ZR2 in the Vegas to Reno race, which starts this Friday. If the ZR2 finishes, it's guaranteed a Class win, since it's the only entry in its class. It will be interesting to compare the ZR2 results with the semi-stock Land Cruiser and Raptors entered in this year's race.

Along with safety equipment, the race truck has a modified suspension. Here's the press release, which has a nice set of photos of the race truck.
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...es/news/us/en/2017/aug/0817-colorado-zr2.html

Because the engine and emissions control equipment are stock, the race truck is registered for street use. The "HallZR2" license plate refers to Hall Racing, the shop that made the mods.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I figured they would race one soon. Will be interesting to see how the shocks do. The new updated 8 spd has a solid reputation better than the old 6spd. The new V6 will be interesting to see how it does also.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Chevrolet has entered a modified ZR2 in the Vegas to Reno race, which starts this Friday. If the ZR2 finishes, it's guaranteed a Class win, since it's the only entry in its class. It will be interesting to compare the ZR2 results with the semi-stock Land Cruiser and Raptors entered in this year's race.

Along with safety equipment, the race truck has a modified suspension. Here's the press release, which has a nice set of photos of the race truck.
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...es/news/us/en/2017/aug/0817-colorado-zr2.html

Because the engine and emissions control equipment are stock, the race truck is registered for street use. The "HallZR2" license plate refers to Hall Racing, the shop that made the mods.

This is so awesome! :)
Love to see this stuff. :beer:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
GMC needs to offer selectable lockers and the magic shocks on a LB Canyon with light interior options. I cant stand the Black Chevy interiors!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I grew up idolizing guys like Rod Hall, Ivan Stewart, Rick Mears, etc..
Sat next to Rick Mears on a flight once. What an awesome guy to talk with. We talked through the whole flight about desert & rally racing, teams, drivers, etc.. He is a very humble person and has an incredible depth of knowledge.

Pretty cool to see this collective effort with GM and the Hall Racing Group. :beer:
Will be fun to watch.
I was on the edge of my seat when Ford raced the EB in Baja.
Growing up in the era of "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" really gets into the blood stream.
Hope GM has a great success with this. :)

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for sharing the results. The fastest trucks, custom designs similar to Trophy Trucks, finished in a little more than 9 hours. 18 hours to cover 550 miles is about a 30mph average. I expect they had some sort of mechanical problem that required an hours-long stop to repair.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I'm thinking they were "in it to win it"... :elkgrin:
Would love to see the race recap.

Thanks for posting the results and a link to the results page. :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke