2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Clutch

<---Pass
The ZR2 dmax has me all hot and bothered. The price is a bit insane but who knows how dealers will sell them since they aren't even available yet. The short bed sucks since it would be nice to pull up and camp in the bed, but I'd rather deal with that a couple times a year than deal with a much larger vehicle every day.

Bet after the hype is over, there will be heavy discounts on it.

The CCLB is too long for me. Extra cab has been working for the last 15 years, it will work for another 15. As for the 4 Banger...have been driving underpowered Toyotas for 25 years, what is another 25... ;) :D

Utah200

Adventurer
On the list at local stealership for a 2.8 ZR2 CCSB. Will be trading in my LR4 and building it out to best suit my overlanding needs in conjunction with my currently being built trailer. Really looking forward to this new combo and how it will suit my intended uses.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
On the list at local stealership for a 2.8 ZR2 CCSB. Will be trading in my LR4 and building it out to best suit my overlanding needs in conjunction with my currently being built trailer. Really looking forward to this new combo and how it will suit my intended uses.

Nice.
Jack

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

Have you researched how the multimatic shocks will handle extra weight? I'm curious if they are basically dialed in at that weight and could be junk if you load them up?

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader

That is awesome. Is detailed pricing available yet?

Dalko43

Explorer
Have you researched how the multimatic shocks will handle extra weight? I'm curious if they are basically dialed in at that weight and could be junk if you load them up?

The truck is not even out yet, so probably not. I think Chevy downsized the payload and towing rating slightly for the ZR2 model, likely in part due to the suspension, though it shouldn't be hard to put something with more weight capacity in its place.

Utah200

Adventurer
The truck is not even out yet, so probably not. I think Chevy downsized the payload and towing rating slightly for the ZR2 model, likely in part due to the suspension, though it shouldn't be hard to put something with more weight capacity in its place.

Correct. I don't foresee having too much of an issue as combined payload and trailer loads won't even approach 50% of the rated capacity. Plan on giving the multimatic OEM set up a go, but if needed I could explore ICON's and or OME leafs as they are available.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Correct. I don't foresee having too much of an issue as combined payload and trailer loads won't even approach 50% of the rated capacity. Plan on giving the multimatic OEM set up a go, but if needed I could explore ICON's and or OME leafs as they are available.

Is OME developing a suspension for the Colorado?

Utah200

Adventurer

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
They already have a full array for the Holden Colorado which is essentially identical structurally. Sheetmetal and emissions equipment are the only real differences. Along those lines, Long Ranger makes larger fuel tanks for the Holden version and I'm trying to sort out how much work it will be to fit one on the ZR2.

http://thelongranger.com.au/holden/colorado/2012-current/tr74s

I hope they bring that over. I was searching to see if they made a Safari Snorkel and bull bar for the Holden a few weeks ago and it didn't seem so.

I am pretty happy with the range of our Colorado Duramax right now. More fuel capacity would be down the list a ways of things I felt I need to upgrade.

Grover

They already have a full array for the Holden Colorado which is essentially identical structurally. Sheetmetal and emissions equipment are the only real differences. Along those lines, Long Ranger makes larger fuel tanks for the Holden version and I'm trying to sort out how much work it will be to fit one on the ZR2.

http://thelongranger.com.au/holden/colorado/2012-current/tr74s

I read A LOT about the Holden Colorado VS Chevrolet. There was some information that the Holden had a different frame and therefore some dimensional changes. This is pretty on target for Australian vehicles. Most of the vehicles designed for service outside the US have some pretty significant underpinning changes, to handle the poor roads and load weights. Us Americans can't handle a truck that rides like one. The Tacoma VS Hilux is a prime example. But suspension will be the same. I wasn't certain on the fuel tank as the frame mounts might differ if a different frame was used. Front bumper as well since it mounts to the frame.

So after 4 months of trying to confirm what accessories that might work on the US Colorado I just bough a Tacoma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior