2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

balexander87

Observer
Sounds like it's really gonna happen!! If all these predicted specs are accurate, it's gonna be one awesome truck!!

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-chevy-colorado-zr2-is-your-mid-sized-diesel-ford-ra-1789023826

aOYaA49.jpg

The air dam looks to have been done away with entirely.

OIJGf8Z.jpg

And plenty of driveline configurations... sheesh!!

pipuM9U.jpg

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Chevy is making the announcement at the LA Auto Show. No word on pricing just yet. Very trick Multimatic DSSV long travel suspension dampers. E-lockers front rear and center. 2.8L 4 cylinder Diesel (369 ft lbs) or all new 3.6L V6 gas engine (275 ft lb) options. 8 speed auto the only transmission for the gas V6. Not clear if the diesel will stick with a 6 speed or use the new 8 speed auto. Both 2 door and four door cabs shown in the photos.

Unfortunately carrying capacity reported to be reduced from 1500 lb to 1100 lb, so you won't be adding much ExPo farkle.

EPA numbers are not available for the new gas V6. I expect about 20 mpg in combined driving. The 2016 diesel 4x4 is rated to deliver 25 mpg in combined driving. Extra torque at low rpm and 25% greater range make the diesel plenty attractive for ExPo-style use.

Here's the Chevrolet press release that is the basis for the blog posts about this vehicle
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us.../Pages/news/us/en/2016/nov/laas/1115-zr2.html

bijanjames

Adventurer
Autoblog has a better write-up. What a truck!! This is the most excited I've been about a new release since the introduction of the power wagon. Incredible suspension technology, lockers, and a diesel! I drove a Colorado and Tacoma back to back last year and the Colorado was superior hands down. I'd never thought that I would say that...

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I drove a gasser z71 this past month as well and LOVED it. I think a ZR2 4 door short box diesel would be the ideal truck for me!

Dalko43

Explorer
Lol...so glad Chevy will actually go through with this and put out an offroad trim of their otherwise bland Colorado platform.

So many Toyota fans (and I'm one of them) lost their minds over the supposedly new gen Tacoma (there really wasn't too much about it that was "new"). But this vehicle looks like it is going to be the closest thing to a Hilux or Ranger that us Americans can get...If I were into any kind of offroading (which I am) I'd consider buying this vehicle over the Tacoma any day of the week (which I will).

XJLI

Adventurer
Already put my name onto the mailing list. Cant wait to test drive one, I'll be buying this time next year.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
So excited to see this at the LA show. I really wanted to go from a 1/2 ton Chevy to a Ford HD, but this may be too much to resist.

Maybe they will actually come out with something like the GMC All Terrain HD Concept now

bdp1978

Adventurer
Already put my name onto the mailing list. Cant wait to test drive one, I'll be buying this time next year.

Ive seen 2 people mention the mailing list, where are you guys finding this? I'd like to get setup to be notified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles