New Manufacturer: Cave Campers - 750 lbs, $<10k, high quality

camodog

Adventurer
I am in the same boat here, looking for a light, aero, pop up for the new ranger or Tacoma with a flatbed. And one that does not have the stupid aluminum siding to look like a 90s shaggin wagon. Paint matching would also be really cool, or maybe I just wrap the vehicle and camper.

I really like the Uro-Campers that exist in europe, if we could have something like that here that could be bought for 10k empty I would jump on that ASAP.

Thank you Sam for posting the Uro-Camper. This is exactly what the wife and I are looking for. A flatbed version of this:
http://www.uro-camper.com/web3/en/biwac/

No one in the USA is making something like this that I am aware of.

I am not trying to hi-jack the thread, just showing interest in the products that appeal to us.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
EXACTLY ! ! ! :)

Perhaps Cave Campers can plan to have another product, in addition to their base model ?

Thank you Sam for posting the Uro-Camper. This is exactly what the wife and I are looking for. A flatbed version of this:
http://www.uro-camper.com/web3/en/biwac/

No one in the USA is making something like this that I am aware of.

I am not trying to hi-jack the thread, just showing interest in the products that appeal to us.

texag02

I really like your concept and design. This is something I have contemplated building myself since no other builders offer just a simple camper setup. Do you have any plans for a full cab over design to accommodate a queen bed over the cab? I have a family of four so this design would be a little smaller than I would like.

Also, I saw on your website that you're in San Marcos, TX. Do you have any examples there to look at?

I agree with texag02

I love the concept but want a full cabover.... just big enough for a queen bed.... also have family of 4

I have sent a couple emails to the cave camper folks from their website.....have heard nothing back yet.... not sure if they are going ahead with their plans or if this idea has stalled???

Cave_Campers

Supporting Sponsor
I agree with texag02

I love the concept but want a full cabover.... just big enough for a queen bed.... also have family of 4

I have sent a couple emails to the cave camper folks from their website.....have heard nothing back yet.... not sure if they are going ahead with their plans or if this idea has stalled???

Sorry about that ... we discovered a little late that our email server is down. The business is moving forward, we just shipped a unit to the Netherlands in fact. :)

Glad to hear you are moving forward with your plans

Any plans to build different dimension units..... or only the dimensions of the first unit?

We explorers are a fussy lot!

If you could build simple cave campers in custom dimensions.... that would fit my needs and I bet many others too!

As Scooter

Observer
How about a camper that could be attached to a gooseneck trailer, like a crawler hauler, but with flip down doors for storage, or to put a kitchen on the side? That could definitely fill a need, for at least one guy.

Cave_Campers

Supporting Sponsor
Glad to hear you are moving forward with your plans

Any plans to build different dimension units..... or only the dimensions of the first unit?

We explorers are a fussy lot!

If you could build simple cave campers in custom dimensions.... that would fit my needs and I bet many others too!

We certainly have heard lots of requests to build custom campers. As best as we can tell, a custom, made to to order camper business doesn't seem like a viable path. The price we would have to charge isn't compelling; everyone wants something custom until they see the price tag. :)

We do have plans to offer several different dimensions and styles of campers that we will ship as standard products. One thing we are exploring is how to enable customers to customize the camper themselves. For example, we are looking at embedding aluminum channels in various locations in the walls and providing instructions on how you can then attach additional items (bike racks, gas can holders, additional shelves, etc.) to the camper in an easy and robust way. We also plan on making it easy to run additional wires through the walls to enable further self-customization.

Keep the feedback coming. We're listing. :)

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Sorry about that ... we discovered a little late that our email server is down. The business is moving forward, we just shipped a unit to the Netherlands in fact. :)

Sorry to hear about the server issues.

Please may we see photos of the one that went to the Netherlands ?

Cave_Campers

Supporting Sponsor
Please may we see photos of the one that went to the Netherlands ?

You can find photos of the camper shipped to the Netherlands on our website: https://www.cavecampers.com/cave-pickup-truck-camper-gallery/ . The only difference is that the camper we shipped didn't have a table or queen bed. Also, the storage was a little smaller upfront.

Here is a photo of it packaged up ready to get into the shipping container and off onto the ship.

Cave Prototype ready for shipping1.JPG

Looks good.....Ok..... this is sounding better and better.....

"We do have plans to offer several different dimensions and styles of campers that we will ship as standard products. One thing we are exploring is how to enable customers to customize the camper themselves. For example, we are looking at embedding aluminum channels in various locations in the walls and providing instructions on how you can then attach additional items (bike racks, gas can holders, additional shelves, etc.) to the camper in an easy and robust way. We also plan on making it easy to run additional wires through the walls to enable further self-customization."

Do you know yet if you plan to have a style that fits a Tundra crew max? (5' 6" box.... 7' wide..... with a 5' cab overhang to accommodate a second bed? I love the idea of just channel in the walls to allow customization and wiring locations..... say for a max fan in the roof for example..... or ceiling lights .... or what ever.

I would just be happy with an empty box that had the dimensions that fit my truck and my desire for the ability to sleep 4. If it were me I would forget about a window in the door...... the back of the camper will be covered in mud most of the time anyway for my use!

I could be your guinea pig for a unit of these dimensions.... the four door short box full cabover style........ I believe the factory is a couple hours from where I live.

Thanks

Last edited:

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
You can find photos of the camper shipped to the Netherlands on our website: https://www.cavecampers.com/cave-pickup-truck-camper-gallery/ . The only difference is that the camper we shipped didn't have a table or queen bed. Also, the storage was a little smaller upfront.

Here is a photo of it packaged up ready to get into the shipping container and off onto the ship.

Thank you.

Okay, so it was the prototype that went to the Netherlands ?

Looking forward to hearing more about the alternate versions mentioned in Riveroceanandmountain's post above :)

windtraveler

Observer
Not the same unfortunately. He was looking for flatbed.
The GZL is nice but pretty dang cramped inside IMHO. 2person only on their Taco.

They say they have set up manufacturing here in the states and now offer a flatbed model as well as other choices/options. Impressive build quality but way to much $$ for my budget. That is why I went with Bundutec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles