Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 CrewCab Expedition Build in Canada

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
THAT really sucks Andreas, we have had our fair share of trucking/shipping issues. We ended up buying our own truck/trailer for that reason alone. Are you going to be hit with the extended shipping costs or is the shipper on the hook?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
THAT really sucks Andreas, we have had our fair share of trucking/shipping issues. We ended up buying our own truck/trailer for that reason alone. Are you going to be hit with the extended shipping costs or is the shipper on the hook?

Thanks Mark,
They are trying to hit us with a $10.000 bill.... Looking at all options right now, none look easy, cheap or fast. Also doesn't help that the shipping company is not communicating with us. FYI, we paid all original invoices in full and ahead of schedule. No wrong doing on our side. This could be the most expensive 16 year old truck I ever bought and maybe will never see...

Victorian

Is 'They' the Canadian government Andreas?
With "they", I mean the shipping company from Holland. The people at Canadian customs have been amazing to work with! Without them, I would have been even more screwed.

Cruiser79

Observer
With "they", I mean the shipping company from Holland. The people at Canadian customs have been amazing to work with! Without them, I would have been even more screwed.

That really sucks... I used to work with heavy equipment that was shipped to US, Canada and Australia. It's very hard to clean it for 100%, but with enough patience and motivation it is possible! When you can see the dirt from a distance, you know for sure that they send it back... Is you truck already back to Holland or do they bring it somewhere closer by to get it cleaned? Sometimes they do to save some time and money. Few years back we sent a 40 tons dozer to Australia, stripped and cleaned it in two weeks with 4 guys and they didnt let it in because there was some dust behind the isolation material underneath the floor. Quite frustrating to be honest... Then they shipped it to the Phillipines to get it cleaned. Unfortunately you doesnt have much choice in countries at your side of the ocean...

Last edited:

Victorian

Sadly, the option of getting it cleaned in North America was not there....
As of last week, we reached an agreement with the shipper. The Truck should be on a boat to Canada on the 9th. Fingers crossed!

Victorian

Truck received a 12 hour cleaning, is now loaded and on it's way!! Can't wait to drive it home and mount the camper :)

Victorian

Thank you guys!
I'm plugging away on the camper body and hope to have it in a usable stage when the truck arrives. Can't wait to take it out for the first time!!!

Victorian

The truck cleared customs today and should arrive at the road safety inspection place on Tuesday. Can't wait to get the truck prepped for the camper body!

19510657_477709849238837_5819796749257658585_n.jpg

Victorian

It's here!

Yesterday was a very happy day :) First time touching the truck I bought in October. First impression was pretty good. Engine is very quiet, interior is bigger and cleaner than expected, some rust that needs attention but nothing that's a deal breaker. The only thing that needs fixing right away is the stuck diff lock

IMG_8720.JPG

I'm hoping to bring it home in a couple weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz