Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 CrewCab Expedition Build in Canada

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Hooray. Nothin's ever simple, but I trust it will be all downhill from here. Congratulations on the truck's arrival.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Check the black box under the right hand seat. My difflock got stuck on a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a bad connection on the 4wd control box.

I ow you a cold one! Thanks! will pass on the info to my mechanic.

Victorian

Had to switch mechanics. It's now with a German Unimog shop. They found that several electrical actuators are fryed. When they got them out, they had tons of water draining out of the frame at the same time. The water is most likely left over from the 12 hour pressure washing job the shipper did.

Anyhow, if the parts get here in time, I will send it through safety inspection next week and bring her home. Fingers crossed (again)

If you ever plan to ship Europe -- North America do not use GTA of Amsterdam. Worst company ever.

Victorian

Good news!!! Yesterday I had the pleasure to bring home the Sprinter. Drove it for about 150km and loving it. Need to do some minor TLC before I can get it inspected and safetied, but that should only take a couple weeks. After that it's full steam ahead with mounting the camper body and getting it ready for travelling. So nice to have it in our driveway!

Victorian

Interior pics

Almost done with the interior!
Finally at a stage where I can lean back and start enjoying the hard work that went into the build. Many details where dictated by the limited recources I had durring the construction. For excample: no shop to my disposal, no proper woodworking tools (sold everything off after I got out of the trade). As a result I was using the Home Depot cutting service to break down sheet goods for me. I prepped, sanded, finished and assembled every cabinet inside the camper. The results are pretty good even though Home
depot was only within 3/8 of my cut lists :) But with a little bit of skills I managed to hide most imperfections and I bet most people would never notice LOL. In any case, I think I demonstrated that one could build a wonderful expedition camper without a fully outfitted shop!

IMG_9041.JPGIMG_9040.JPGIMG_9045.JPGIMG_9049.JPGIMG_9052.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles