Atlantic British unrolls Terra Firma 18" steelies for LR3

mass

Observer
I've had them since late December on my LR4 with spacers from Lucky 8. No issues other than some slight rubbing when at full lock and suspension lowered. I've got 265/60R-18 T/A KO2's on them. I can't compare any other tire since I went from OEM to this, but they're far and above better than OEM.

This is the exact size rubber I'm looking at dropping on... do you have any pictures?

keeper1616

Observer
Here's a few photos. The first shows the offset that makes the stance a bit wider than OEM. Let me know if you have any specific photo requests. All but the one offroad shot is at normal suspension height.

RegT

Great pics, i was looking at adding these to my LR4 as well. I've read that they are heavy, anyone have any idea how much heavier they are than a stock 19in wheel?

keeper1616

Observer
They're super heavy. The tire place I went to had some trouble balancing them they were so heavy... I think the shipping weight on each wheel alone was 35 lbs, but I find that hard to believe.

I need to rotate them in a few weeks. If no one else chimes in, I'll weigh them as they come off.

They're super heavy. The tire place I went to had some trouble balancing them they were so heavy... I think the shipping weight on each wheel alone was 35 lbs, but I find that hard to believe.

I need to rotate them in a few weeks. If no one else chimes in, I'll weigh them as they come off.

I have a 17" steelie sitting in my house from Discovery-Parts.de in Germany for the EURO Disco 3 that I plan to fit one of these days. I'm betting that weight is pretty close to 35lbs per wheel; steel is no joke! I'll throw mine on the scale later tonight and see what it says.

Here's a few photos. The first shows the offset that makes the stance a bit wider than OEM. Let me know if you have any specific photo requests. All but the one offroad shot is at normal suspension height.

Any rubbing or issues at lock to lock or full articulation with that tire combo on the 18" with that offset?

bil

No issues lock to lock at normal or high suspension height. Low suspension does rub about 1/2 way in either direction.

Offset is provided by 30mm spacers

I'd love to get some updated feedback on those 18" Terrafirma wheels with spacers. I ordered mine but having second thoughts about use of spacers, and thinking of going with the compos and selling the steelies :( What do you guys think?

krick3tt

Adventurer
Have a set of these and they work well for me. Duratracks 265 65s seem to be best for my use. Still have the stock 19's in storage with Duratracks on them as well. Never thought of spacers, make the base wider but don't see the benefit as this vehicle is weighty enough to be stable.
Since I don't travel on low suspension height the rubbing wouldn't seem to be an issue. How far can you travel on low suspension anyway? Fifteen to twenty feet and the LR auto lifts to regular height.

keeper1616

Observer
1 year in (next week, but close enough) and 13k miles - no issues thus far.

I think the spacers are required to clear the brake calipers, but I haven't tried putting them on without to test. Maybe I'll do that when it comes time to rotate the tires in a few weeks and will let you know.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Why the heck would AB sell a wheel ‘for' the lr3 that requires spacers...?? I doubt that. It's idiotic if true.

FYI, spacers mostly create more problems with clearance than they solve on the independant suspension Rovers.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Spacers not needed to clear anything. Problems from additional stress on the wheel bearings that are not designed for spacers are a problem.
If you just want the cool factor of a wider stance perhaps having custom wheels made that have a deeper offset might be a more advantageous solution.
The AB wheel is fine on its own, and at that price you can't loose. I got them when they first came out for $139 now they are $115 and even with shipping they are a great deal.

keeper1616

Observer
Why the heck would AB sell a wheel ‘for' the lr3 that requires spacers...?? I doubt that. It's idiotic if true.

FYI, spacers mostly create more problems with clearance than they solve on the independant suspension Rovers.

Spacers aren't required for the LR3, just the LR4.

xiaohan1995

Did you replace the TPMS with the original OEM one? or is there specific one that you used? because I just have placed the order and total have no idea about these TPMS! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles