STREGA'S 2016 Ram 3500 cab/chassis adventure truck build

STREGA

Explorer
Also I wanted to get some boxes built for under the bed and mud flaps installed before the camper is mounted. I looked into Adventure Trailers boxes which are really nice and look cool but they ultimately were way over what my budget could handle. A friend of mine has a fabrication shop in Grand Junction, Co. Named All Metals Fabrication, they have done numerous projects for me over the years and do quality work. Since I was going to be in G.J. for a couple of days on my way to Iowa to get the camper I made arrangements to drop off the truck and have the boxes and mud flaps built. I wanted to be able to remove the boxes without having to remove the camper which meant the boxes could not be bolted to the bed from the top. The boxes would make access to the bolts holding the leaf springs to the hangers impossible to get to so if I needed to service them it would be a lot of work to do so. They ended up welding L brackets to the bottom of the flatbed and bolted the boxes on their sides to the brackets. The boxes are mounted solidly and are easily removed. The mud flaps mount to the rear boxes.

Last edited:

STREGA

Explorer
Today is the day I have been waiting for all summer actually since Overland Expo West. The camper is getting installed onto the truck as I type this. Will post up pics in awhile after it's done.

STREGA

Explorer
Here is a couple of pics of the Road Runner meeting the Grand Canyon Suite for the first time:

image.jpg

image.jpg

MTCK

Observer
That turned out great! I like the boxes a lot. How heavy does it feel now that it is all married up?

STREGA

Explorer
First night in the Camper, did a shakedown of the unit and happy to report that everything worked perfectly. Heading back to Bundutec this AM to add a couple more USB/12v outlets and get the other dinnett cushions installed which were waiting for to arrive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pateuni

Really enjoyed reading about your camper exploration and discovery of BundutecUSA. Our search was similar but facilitated by our location in NE Iowa. Our BunduVry is under construction and should be ready in a few weeks.

Kingsize24

Great looking build brother. I like the direction you are heading, and I can't wait to see the finished "unfinished" project, as well all know they are never done.

GabAlmighty

Observer
That's awesome! Love that setup. Definitely an inspiration for sure.

What's your clearance from the camper overtop of your cab? Looks bloody tight, not worried about the frame flexing the camper into the cab?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne