Electric front diff lock for canters now available..

Amesz00

Adventurer
Awesome to see someone finally do this! I'll have to organise someone to fit one so I can go test it out along with the new and also not yet fitted winch.. haha. Too bad it's rapidly drying out over here with summer hitting hard :(

Btw why is the bullbar off on the bogged truck??

trackadda

Observer
sorry if i missed it but where can i get more info on the diff locks and will they be available for the nps 300 isuzu

rocksaltfg84

why was the bullbar off.

We removed the bullbar so we could use a hi lift jack directly onto the steel mount on the end of the chassis as the alloy bullbar was flexing could have broken the headlight.As you can see we had broken through the top 100mm of hard surface then it draged us of the road and came to a sudden halt.The photo with the bar off is the end of day one ,digging ,bog tracks,cutting of pine trees and winching backwards we achieved approx 25 meters. Day two another 45 meters and we were out.We were not able to enter the inside of the motorhome as it was on the verge of rolling on its side.It was very close a few times to going over.The grey slush was bottomless after cutting many pines into 2.5m lengths to lay in the quicksand like country.I got one of the pines we had cut all around 140mm diameter and pushed it straight down in the bottom of the bog hole and it went straight down until out of sight.The tracks we got from Alan worked very well,the yellow ones were strong but screwed around to much and jamed up under the truck.Need to tie 4 meters of rope to the tracks so we can find them as the soft country allowed the wheels to spear them straight down 1m/ 1.5m down.We have a quafe self locking diff centre fitted also which was a big help. The Toyo 19.5 tyres got the outer lugs torn off,we had let them down 26 psi to assist in the recovery as they were like slicks full of mud,but there is no other tyre we can buy that has the load rating with more mud style tread. It took approx 11-12 hours of winching to get this 6500kg motorhome out plus everything else.In 8.30am on sat until 7.30pm sunday what a couple of days. Now i need to get a couple extra tracks from ALAN to replace the yellow ones as we lost one and they don't work well in mud.But home safe now until the next adventure.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
We removed the bullbar so we could use a hi lift jack directly onto the steel mount on the end of the chassis as the alloy bullbar was flexing could have broken the headlight.As you can see we had broken through the top 100mm of hard surface then it draged us of the road and came to a sudden halt.The photo with the bar off is the end of day one ,digging ,bog tracks,cutting of pine trees and winching backwards we achieved approx 25 meters. Day two another 45 meters and we were out.We were not able to enter the inside of the motorhome as it was on the verge of rolling on its side.It was very close a few times to going over.The grey slush was bottomless after cutting many pines into 2.5m lengths to lay in the quicksand like country.I got one of the pines we had cut all around 140mm diameter and pushed it straight down in the bottom of the bog hole and it went straight down until out of sight.The tracks we got from Alan worked very well,the yellow ones were strong but screwed around to much and jamed up under the truck.Need to tie 4 meters of rope to the tracks so we can find them as the soft country allowed the wheels to spear them straight down 1m/ 1.5m down.We have a quafe self locking diff centre fitted also which was a big help. The Toyo 19.5 tyres got the outer lugs torn off,we had let them down 26 psi to assist in the recovery as they were like slicks full of mud,but there is no other tyre we can buy that has the load rating with more mud style tread. It took approx 11-12 hours of winching to get this 6500kg motorhome out plus everything else.In 8.30am on sat until 7.30pm sunday what a couple of days. Now i need to get a couple extra tracks from ALAN to replace the yellow ones as we lost one and they don't work well in mud.But home safe now until the next adventure.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Once these beasts go through the crust and into the soft stuff it is a lot of work to get them back up again.

20160604_113816.jpg

Enrbee

Bought mine too soon!

Wish I'd held off now :-(

As a side note, had to give Alan's tracks a run in anger couple of days ago in very soft sand. Was very happy I had them :)

4bmad

Locker

G'day Alan. How did you go with a locker for the Isuzu NPS?
Also are you the man to talk to about the recovery tracks?
Cheers Bourkey

4bmad

Thanks SkiFreak. I did see that but being nearly 4 months ago I assumed something would have happened by now.....

Amesz00

Adventurer
Finally had mine fitted and wired last week, ready for a 4x4 trip this wkend. Unfortunately I never really got to test it like I wanted to due to some brake issues, which I put in some more detail in the thread labeled such.

Hi

I am very interested in this thread on the lockers for the FG. Has anyone fitted the assembly yet? Tested it extensively; or to some extent at least?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles