Hound-FJ62 LS3/4L65E Connect and Cruise

ever wonder why your E-brake seems to stick?

Packed in

16427543_1410369552327265_1753797800103882551_n.jpg

Just fixed my E brake on my 2000 Tacoma, same problem! Packed full of crud and rusted solid!!

Same design as a first gen Taco, wonder if its still the same on the third gen?

NCFJ

Adventurer
Damn, sommany of these conversions going on....jealous..

The Vortec/LS swap is truly a game changer in regard to drive-ability. Most of us will never come close to using the 430HP an LS3 can produce. What you notice is the ability to get up to speed on a freeway on ramp. To pass without 3 miles of planning out on the interstate is pretty cool as well. The smiles per mile, hard to put a price tag on that one. A 60/62 that gets up and goes is a whole lot of fun to drive. Keep in mind we are still talking about a truck with leaf sprung axles front and rear.

NCFJ

Adventurer
I am right there with you in regard to working on clean trucks. Rare are the trucks that show up here in great shape, but hey, that's why they are here :)

I pressure wash every truck when it arrives at the shop, frame and under body get hit again once separated. I am considering a steam cleaner down the line. It is so much easier to work on rigs that do not have 20 lbs of dirt and oil slathered all over everything you have to work on. In the end the job is actually cheaper as you spend far less time fighting with mung and cleaning individual parts.

Rexrome

Observer
The new Speed hut custom gauges are mounted.

Nice work on the gauges. I have a cluster from my fj60 that I sent to Dakota Digital and they are trying to use the the existing factory gauges so that the gauges work with my GM conversion . Any experience using Dakota Digital gauges?

NCFJ

Adventurer
I have no personal experience with Dakota Digital, they are widely used and make some cool stuff. Gauges for a GM swap are pretty standard stuff, converting your stock gauges is another story. Either full on custom internals for your old housings or some sort of signal converter. I'd think DD can handle either without much trouble. I never liked the stock gauges to begin with so I'd say I have a bias opinion on using stock gauges at all, FWIW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94