CL Find: 1994 Tiger Provan CX Chevy Diesel 4x4 - $9500 Los Angeles, CA

There's basically zero chance of that happening and these scammers know it. First, these scammers are virtually untraceable - they use various cloaking methods to make finding them very difficult. Second, in order to actually run a sting on them, money would need to be exchanged (and given to them) which no one is going to approve. You'd need to send $10k to them and have them not follow through with the RV for them to have committed a crime, and then you'd be out $10k and still very unlikely to prosecute. Finally, 100% guaranteed these scammers are not even in the local jurisdiction. These scammers operate in countries like China or African countries, so there's nothing local authorities can do. Basically, you should NEVER send money to anyone over the internet under any circumstances unless it is through a legitimate stream like ebay. Craigslist is strictly cash only. These scammers are very sophisticated. They will do things that make you think they are legit, like offer to meet you in person so you can see it, not ask for any money right away, etc. Then they get you hooked. All of a sudden, someone else is interested in it and they need a "deposit" to hold it for you. Stay away!

If you consider the wast sums of money that have been wasted on "the war on drugs" our government could trap these scam artists for pennies if they actually had the best interests of the citizenry at heart.

rontaki

Observer
I found a deal too good to be true on another RV site. I decided to play with the scammer a bit (and secretly hoping it was real). Of course, he insisted on doing the deal through "eBay Motors". He even sent me a photo of "his" passport with picture and the correct name. BEWARE!
I hope this wasn't a stolen passport or that someone innocent hadn't been hacked.

Of course, when I insisted the only way I would deal is in person, I never heard back. Not to worry, identical campers with identical price and information are located in a dozen other states on this RV site. So maybe I can score one of those. :********:

Keep in mind that the WWW in an Internet address means Wild, Wild Web...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles