Thread: SnoMaster Fridge/Freezer Review

Default SnoMaster Fridge/Freezer Review

We have been testing and reviewing the SnoMaster fridge/freezer units for a while now. I just finished up a comprehensive review, and I hope you find it helpful. It is always good to see new options in the marketplace. Overall I am very impressed with the products that SnoMaster has available, and think it would be a great addition to anyones overland gear.

https://www.cbadventuresupply.com/bl...-fridge-review

Solid write up. I too have been very happy with my SnoMaster fridge in my LR3; worth its weight for sure and the features the unit comes with out of the box (transit bag, wireless remote, etc) make it a good value at the cost.
    r-
    Ray
    1996 D1 5 speed "Coyote"
    2006 "D3"
    Twin Mountain Off Road

Check their FB page for a shipping discount (no code required). I'm ordering one!
    2013 Toyota Tacoma DC
    2006 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Searching for a clean 1996-1997 Land Cruiser

Thanks for the review! I saw the SnoMaster at Expo East and I was impressed. I'll probably order the 42S to put in my Jeep for next spring. I've had a Coleman Xtreme cooler that's been pretty good, assuming I add a small bag of ice to it each or at least everyother day. I'm getting tired of having to drain it, and it's not been on a slide either.

A couple of things I've got to take care of first...
    • I ordered some heat shield material to put under the carpet in the back of my Jeep as the floor gets toasty warm on long trips.
    • I also found a slide that should be the right size. My idea is to try and use where the rear seat and seat belts attach to the tub to attach the slide?
    • Then I need to decide on a dual battery setup. I'm leanging towards the National Luna's dual battery kit over another battery box (like the Ark) as I wouldn't remove the fridge from my Jeep. I currently have an Optima bluetop battery in my trailer, however I rarely use it so I think I'd move that to my Jeep for now.
    • Last, I currently have a rack hanging in the back of my Jeep, and it probably hangs down 3" too low to put the fridge under it, so I'll have to raise up the rack...

Any opinions on power setups, I'd be glad to hear them.
    2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ towing an Off-Road Box Trailer with Tepui RTT

Can you post a link to the shipping discount as I can't find it on their FB page. Thanks much.

Give Martin a call, he'll sort you out.

I have no idea how I missed these comments. If you guys have any questions please let me know. The SnoMaster fridges have been getting around, and I have yet to hear any complaints. Feel free to message me or give me a call to.

Default Are these "Edgestar/Whynter" Fridges?

Not trying to say anything bad about SnoMaster but there are some really big similarities between this fridge and my Whynter DZ62 fridge.

Specifically the control module, power plugs, vent layout and even the power sticker are the same. There may be small differences in function (eg buttons do different things) but layout, size and manufacture are identical to my Whynter. This doesn't make their product bad but does bring into question the "custom compressor" claim.

I have a Whynter and love it at $700 for a Dual Zone fridge. At $1000 for a Single Zone fridge this Snomaster is not so appealing to me.

Looks way nicer though!

Best regards,
    Matt Crawley

EDIT: Just saw the bit about the 5-year warranty. That is a big upgrade over the Whynter. The reversible lid, remote control, etc are all nice but that warranty is key.
    Last edited by snowblind; 05-12-2017 at 07:03 PM.