SnoMaster Fridge/Freezer Review

Ray_G

Explorer
Solid write up. I too have been very happy with my SnoMaster fridge in my LR3; worth its weight for sure and the features the unit comes with out of the box (transit bag, wireless remote, etc) make it a good value at the cost.
r-
Ray

grogie

Like to Camp
Thanks for the review! I saw the SnoMaster at Expo East and I was impressed. I'll probably order the 42S to put in my Jeep for next spring. I've had a Coleman Xtreme cooler that's been pretty good, assuming I add a small bag of ice to it each or at least everyother day. I'm getting tired of having to drain it, and it's not been on a slide either.

A couple of things I've got to take care of first...
  • I ordered some heat shield material to put under the carpet in the back of my Jeep as the floor gets toasty warm on long trips.
  • I also found a slide that should be the right size. My idea is to try and use where the rear seat and seat belts attach to the tub to attach the slide?
  • Then I need to decide on a dual battery setup. I'm leanging towards the National Luna's dual battery kit over another battery box (like the Ark) as I wouldn't remove the fridge from my Jeep. I currently have an Optima bluetop battery in my trailer, however I rarely use it so I think I'd move that to my Jeep for now.
  • Last, I currently have a rack hanging in the back of my Jeep, and it probably hangs down 3" too low to put the fridge under it, so I'll have to raise up the rack...

Any opinions on power setups, I'd be glad to hear them.

TexasD-90

Adventurer
I have no idea how I missed these comments. If you guys have any questions please let me know. The SnoMaster fridges have been getting around, and I have yet to hear any complaints. Feel free to message me or give me a call to.

snowblind

Adventurer
Are these "Edgestar/Whynter" Fridges?

Not trying to say anything bad about SnoMaster but there are some really big similarities between this fridge and my Whynter DZ62 fridge.

Specifically the control module, power plugs, vent layout and even the power sticker are the same. There may be small differences in function (eg buttons do different things) but layout, size and manufacture are identical to my Whynter. This doesn't make their product bad but does bring into question the "custom compressor" claim.

I have a Whynter and love it at $700 for a Dual Zone fridge. At $1000 for a Single Zone fridge this Snomaster is not so appealing to me.

Looks way nicer though!

Best regards,
Matt Crawley

EDIT: Just saw the bit about the 5-year warranty. That is a big upgrade over the Whynter. The reversible lid, remote control, etc are all nice but that warranty is key.

Last edited:

grogie

Like to Camp
Yesterday, my new 42SS Snomaster showed up. For the last 14 hours it's been running off of a 50 amp Bluetop battery... went from 12.6v to 11.9 so far, being mostly empty and set to 32 degrees. Of course I realize that battery usage will depend on a lot of factors...

I'll do a review of it later. So far... wow... the thought of no more ice (and water)! Looks like a very nice build and I'm most happy with what I see. Yeah!

Jxbb4J.jpg

ezygCd.jpg

IXalP4.jpg

Last edited:

grogie

Like to Camp
For an update... after 25 hours, the Bluetop was at 11.4v.

And I celebrated a successful weekend with an ice cold Yuengling from the Snomaster!

O2clpk.jpg

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Not trying to say anything bad about SnoMaster but there are some really big similarities between this fridge and my Whynter DZ62 fridge.
Probably because at least some of the Whynters are actually SnoMasters. One of my Whynter 45s is labelled as "Whynter by SnoMaster," and the other is labelled simply as Whynter. They are otherwise identical in every visible respect.

snowblind

Adventurer
Probably because at least some of the Whynters are actually SnoMasters. One of my Whynter 45s is labelled as "Whynter by SnoMaster," and the other is labelled simply as Whynter. They are otherwise identical in every visible respect.

Really? Or are ALL of the Whynters AND Snomasters actually Edgestars?

Still. Warranty sounds great.

Matt

tbird911

Have had a SnoMaster Expedition Series 66L for about a year -- been flawless -- love it. Dual compartments, remote monitor, super build quality, quiet, insulated transit bag and run it off my single battery in a 2016 JKU. It really ticks off alot of the boxes when choosing between the other offerings out there.

grogie

Like to Camp
^The dual comparents would be nice to have.

As an update on my Snomaster 42, it's been running filltime in the back of my Jeep since I installed it. When my Jeep is in the garage, I keep the fridge plugged into AC so it's also a garage fridge... lol. It's really a sharp fridge, and I also like the wireless remote which is nice to check the fridge while I'm driving.

I also recently finished installing the National Luna split charger on an auxiliary battery. The downfall is that it does draw on the main battery when the vehicle is off, however it works great as it quickly connects the auxiliary battery when driving to charge it, and I also like the monitor it comes with to see how both batteries are doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste