Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

bigskypylot

Explorer
Eventually we would like to do a different wrap. But they are big $$, so it will stay as is for awhile.

The inside was all sprayed on polyiso foam. I will use polyiso sheets under the floor eventually as well.

Yes, they are indeed pricey! I assume all tanks will be insulated/heated etc. Always nice to see progress on your build

java

Expedition Leader
Yes, they are indeed pricey! I assume all tanks will be insulated/heated etc. Always nice to see progress on your build
Poop tank will freeze, never caused us any issues before. Flush with a bit of anti freeze and it will dump of its not super cold out.

Water tank will be under the dinette, hopefully that's enough heat.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Excellent progress Java. It will be great to hopefully see it in a couple weeks.
Ward
Thanks Ward! I'd love to see your truck as well. We will have to figure it out when your passing though. We are headed through BC this summer as well!

java

Expedition Leader
Looking great Gabe!!

Thanks Mike!!!

Got a fair bit done yesterday.

Cabinet will separate the bed/dinette area. The bottom will have a pull out drawer for trash and recycle. The middle will be a pantry drawer, and the top will be a shelf open to the dinette side. It also created the back and base of the bench seat.

33030843756_4d376fdf7a_b.jpg

Bench sitting in place. Heater or water tank will go here. Like heater so its closer to the center of the truck, but that means small water tank..... Thoughts on heater not close to center? It would go right at the front wall, under the other bench.

32256741573_64431e2ef2_b.jpg

All together
32916488542_83775def32_b.jpg

32916485822_3c920dc55b_b.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Spent an hour or so trying to figure out why my reverse lights dont work... Fuse is good, swapping relays made no difference. Im getting ~half a volt at the light connections.

So possibly a break in the wire somewhere, which I think is unlikely, all the rest of the wiring has been impeccable, and the tail lights still work, or the reverse switch at the trans is toast.

Other half of the dinette sitting in place
33048471806_0e657a10dc_b.jpg

Im thinking heater and water pump will go here, just have to check that I can sneak the intake and exhaust out, its right above the gas tank. I will have to build a riser for the heater to sit on as well, not quite enough room with gas filler box there.
32934332362_060a787b1e_b.jpg

Stove came too, ebay special with dents... But its got a nice flip down glass top for when its not in use.
32963452401_c6e0fe0dd9_b.jpg

Pulled the tail light panels. Lots of room there. Need to figure out how to put them on a quick release. Ill take ideas there!! Passenger side will get poop tank, drivers will get gas tank for the heater.
32963456101_f53bc9c5c2_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94