Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Thoughts on tire clearance?

Top of the tape is a 37", should fit ok, but cuts down on clearance.

a91124bd1374765e718e198f2ee38841.jpg

9e53f02d8c8539245fb11e4bfce3f89d.jpg

Not sure how much the rear end really moves on these things.

java

Expedition Leader
Know of any place with a forklift that would let you lift one side? I would imagine there's not a lot of articulation there...
Sadly I don't think so.... Actually I take that back, supposed to rent one next week ish for a job!

But yeah I don't think there is much. I'll look at the bump stops next time in down there. It's on an angle in my driveway as there is less on the drivers side

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I would think you should be alright for clearance, but each chassis, box and suspension can act differently. Any steep, twisting driveways you can crawl into?

java

Expedition Leader
I would think you should be alright for clearance, but each chassis, box and suspension can act differently. Any steep, twisting driveways you can crawl into?
Yes! Out old daycare has one he'll of a driveway. Investigation to do!

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
With bigger tires the center of the axle will end up a bit higher, so that tape measure pic is off a bit. The actual tire to wheel well clearance should be a bit more than the pic shows.

java

Expedition Leader
With bigger tires the center of the axle will end up a bit higher, so that tape measure pic is off a bit. The actual tire to wheel well clearance should be a bit more than the pic shows.
I was measuring from eyeballed axle Center line. ~18.5" from center line

java

Expedition Leader
Ah. Thought it was from the ground. (You did trick me by saying 37 inches. :) )
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. 37" tire, 18.5 " from axle Center line. I should have about 3" clear above the tire as it sits. Passenger side is a bit less because if the angle it's parked on

java

Expedition Leader
"Grouted" the counter last night. Used black RTV silicone so it have a bit of movement.

Tape off all the edges.

33579088315_413d512b94_b.jpg

Work it into the crack, then wipe as clean as possible down the tape line. Carefully pull the tape.

33459664761_0f705ae4aa_b.jpg

33459665211_8af5b7f16c_b.jpg

Then I crawled under to finish mounting the poop tank. Added large fender washer to the screws.
33459665491_984b29e0c1_b.jpg

Now a question. This section of the tank is not supported. I hung off the back corner and it didnt really seem to flex much at all. Is it worth making a bracket to hold that back corner? Its 1/4" abs on that top flange.

b4ATTys.jpg

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Now a question. This section of the tank is not supported. I hung off the back corner and it didnt really seem to flex much at all. Is it worth making a bracket to hold that back corner? Its 1/4" abs on that top flange.

b4ATTys.jpg

ABS is pretty tough but If you consider rough roads and vibration.... do you really want a cracked or loose poop tank? It will probably happen in the middle of the night in some out of the way location.

java

Expedition Leader
ABS is pretty tough but If you consider rough roads and vibration.... do you really want a cracked or loose poop tank? It will probably happen in the middle of the night in some out of the way location.

Very Very true. I will make the bracket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior