Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Wow. Lots of progress. Nice work.

Recommendation: add a shield where the conduit and wiring crosses above the tires. I have seen duals pick up road debris, fling it upward, grab and shred wiring, and power short against the body or frame.

Managed PNW Rental and Lease Fleet at Ryder for a few years. Saw alot of truck-related damage done.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Wow. Lots of progress. Nice work.

Recommendation: add a shield where the conduit and wiring crosses above the tires. I have seen duals pick up road debris, fling it upward, grab and shred wiring, and power short against the body.

Managed PNW Rental and Lease Fleet at Ryder for a few years. Saw alot of truck-related damage done.

Oh yeah I plan on it! I have a big chunk of the mud flap I used for the propane tank left. I was thinking of screwing that on to protect the wires. I may need to get another, but it was cheap.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Oh yeah I plan on it! I have a big chunk of the mud flap I used for the propane tank left. I was thinking of screwing that on to protect the wires. I may need to get another, but it was cheap.

86scotty

Cynic
Wow, you've been busy. Apparently I'm about 30 pages behind on this most excellent build.

It's gonna be a long night at work. :D

java

Expedition Leader
Wow, you've been busy. Apparently I'm about 30 pages behind on this most excellent build.

It's gonna be a long night at work. :D

I have been to busy to update! Its been little bits at a time....

More last night though.

Water tank is in, strapped in place, and hopefully stays there. Glad I didn't get a bigger tank, no way I would have gotten the fittings on the end.

34724587932_85ae83bf32_b.jpg

Water outlet, drain valve on the right will need to go down though the floor.
34887880035_3c5150dc87_b.jpg

And in place, it fit exactly tight against the wall.
34077332583_2741d110b2_b.jpg

Water heater mounted, the blue can will be the grey tank.
34887878625_fb2fde11f8_b.jpg

I did get the water ran to the other dinette bench and to the valve before the water pump. But that was it. Man its tight and takes forever! All the rest of my pics are blurry....

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I wouldn't trust that strap. Those tanks change shape all the time depending how much water you have in them and the ambient temperature. That strap will loosen up eventually.

java

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't trust that strap. Those tanks change shape all the time depending how much water you have in them and the ambient temperature. That strap will loosen up eventually.
Yeah I agrees it's pinned in by wood however, the strap is really only to hold it in the vertical plane.

Don't take it as not listening! I appreciate all the input I have been getting.

I'm about an hour from filling the tank for the first time.... Eeek

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior