Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
CL! Found a guy who refits boats with a ton of leftover. It's tinned marine wire, made is the USA, paid 1.50 a foot. (100' roll)

I can get it locally from the marine shops, but it's $$.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That's why I asked. Have not found any deals on that stuff.

java

Expedition Leader
It took 25' to get front to rear. Wow that was not fun. Its oiled up well underneath.

34293019683_7b0370904f_b.jpg

Disappearing into the beast
34258879104_22001f0de1_b.jpg

But its loomed and run the whole way! Need to get come more end connectors and run the ground.

java

Expedition Leader
Woohoo!! Its charging from the alternators!

Ground run to the frame. Ground the paint off and used an existing bolt/ground spot.
34763559640_d56556e949_b.jpg

Connected at the battery (thoughts on an aftermarket/larger terminal?)
35018920741_7ae8a7825b_b.jpg

Make the noise! (Project Binky if you dont know the reference.... Check it out on YT, no affiliation.... :) ) Green light means the combiner works and batteries are charging from the engine. Solar controller and wiring can be seen here, and done as well!
34763558340_23407a0365_b.jpg

All the electrical goodies to make it all work.
34763557520_ce9394f32f_b.jpg

And a curtain happened too. Yes the truck is dirty.... we are using it....
34763557680_2435fde189_b.jpg

35018918821_f8d9a35877_b.jpg

Got a fuse near the truck battery end?

I've been trying to come up with a good battery terminal too. On my 2012, the Secondary (drivers side) battery positive terminal doesn't have the stud, only on the Primary (passenger side). Was thinking I'd just drill a hole and use a SS bolt with a jam nut to hold it in place

java

Expedition Leader
Got a fuse near the truck battery end?

I've been trying to come up with a good battery terminal too. On my 2012, the Secondary (drivers side) battery positive terminal doesn't have the stud, only on the Primary (passenger side). Was thinking I'd just drill a hole and use a SS bolt with a jam nut to hold it in place

No I left the main run un fused.... Its been a topic of debate.

DzlToy

Explorer
Never thought I would see a Project Binky reference here, those guys do incredible work. The whole series is worth watching, as long as you don't mind the dry British humour.

Back to your regularly scheduled (shed-yooled :D) programming...

java

Expedition Leader
Never thought I would see a Project Binky reference here, those guys do incredible work. The whole series is worth watching, as long as you don't mind the dry British humour.

Back to your regularly scheduled (shed-yooled :D) programming...

They are doing amazing work! I've watched them all.... :D

java

Expedition Leader
Without a fuse at that source, you have a very long battery terminal extending all the way to the back. Albeit, it's insulated and has some protection, but you know...if it can, it will...

My plan (if I ever get to it) is to use something like this at the battery https://www.bluesea.com/products/5191/MRBF_Terminal_Fuse_Block_-_30_to_300A ,

Speaking of my plan, any of that 2/0 left over? May be interested in offsetting some of your costs so far.

Yeah There has been a lot fo debate over fusing not fusing, that looks like a slick system though. Ill look into it.

And yes I have half a roll left :D PM me

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Look for marine style terminals or military terminals. Marine style terminals usually have a 5/16" or 3/8" stud. The military style terminals typically have a 3/8" bolt

41W4m3asUTL.jpg

batt term.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior