Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
We did a trip up to explore BC, we went through Banff, Jasper and Wellsgrey parks. Great trip and the first long one in our newly built truck. Amazing trip, lots of fun hikes and great scenery.

Full write up here: https://www.nwadventuretruck.com/first-long-trip-report/

A few pics from the trip
34978183264_aeafac754a_b.jpg

35029664163_2f02935bfa_b.jpg

35717175831_ce106c5dce_b.jpg

35818358055_d59a000bc5_b.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
I checked out the other link you posted, and yep it looked like a fun trip for sure! Always good to hear when an ExPo vehicle does well on a trip also.

java

Expedition Leader
I checked out the other link you posted, and yep it looked like a fun trip for sure! Always good to hear when an ExPo vehicle does well on a trip also.
Thanks! Yeah I'm very happy, it's kinda scary to make it completely yourself and just see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
How well are the seals on your rear doors keeping the dust out?

Surprisingly well. Top center where they meet I slapped a little piece of duct tape, you can see light there. But better than I expected.

I will likely add a second seal when I finish the trim/wall.

B85

Adventurer
When you foamed the walls how hard was it to get flat with sanding ?

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
When you foamed the walls how hard was it get flat with sanding ?

I paid someone else to do it!!!! 4" wire cup grinder, two guys took a good 4-5 hours to do it. and the ceiling needed nearly no grinding. It was not very flat when they were done though. Not smooth enough to just put a thin skin on. The Polyiso is too hard of foam to use the big knife style foam cutters on. Makes a mess.

I want some details on your Forester.... I'm having bad thoughts.

keons500

Observer
I paid someone else to do it!!!! 4" wire cup grinder, two guys took a good 4-5 hours to do it. and the ceiling needed nearly no grinding. It was not very flat when they were done though. Not smooth enough to just put a thin skin on. The Polyiso is too hard of foam to use the big knife style foam cutters on. Makes a mess.

I can second this. Cup grinders and some elbow grease!

I enjoy checking up on your build. We were going to head up to Jasper - Banff - Glacier starting on the 14th but found out we have less time. Looks like you had a good time! The bus is also extremely underpowered - oops.

java

Expedition Leader
I can second this. Cup grinders and some elbow grease!

I enjoy checking up on your build. We were going to head up to Jasper - Banff - Glacier starting on the 14th but found out we have less time. Looks like you had a good time! The bus is also extremely underpowered - oops.

Thanks, yeah it was a good time! Definitely a place to go visit.

Too bad to hear on the bus, easy power adders? What did you end up weighing?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Do they allow tent trailers? Or hard side only? I'm in the very early stage of planning a big trip for next July

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior