Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

patoz

Expedition Leader
You find a good product, and then you finally manage to get it a good price, and it's the little things like this that kill you! o_O

One a serious note, have you designed this to be a permanent mount, or removable for portable service? If it's a permanent mount, can you just bolt it solid to the floor and hold it off of the wall that way. I assume it has some kind of shock mount on it's base, doesn't it?

java

Expedition Leader
You find a good product, and then you finally manage to get it a good price, and it's the little things like this that kill you! o_O

One a serious note, have you designed this to be a permanent mount, or removable for portable service? If it's a permanent mount, can you just bolt it solid to the floor and hold it off of the wall that way. I assume it has some kind of shock mount on it's base, doesn't it?

I'm undecided on the mount..... Its semi permanent at the moment :) I can unstrap and move it enough to reach the tank drain and drain it. I could just bolt it down, but why not over complicate things? If I add an anderson connector it could be portable.

Otherwise I may eventually divorce it from the tank.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
I'm undecided on the mount..... Its semi permanent at the moment :) I can unstrap and move it enough to reach the tank drain and drain it. I could just bolt it down, but why not over complicate things? If I add an anderson connector it could be portable.

If I'm not mistaken, the base should have rubber grommets with holes going right through as well as the brackets on the tank. Just put a steel plate between each side in the front and the back and use wing nuts/bots to hold it down to the floor. (hopefully that was clear)

java

Expedition Leader

If I'm not mistaken, the base should have rubber grommets with holes going right through as well as the brackets on the tank. Just put a steel plate between each side in the front and the back and use wing nuts/bots to hold it down to the floor. (hopefully that was clear)
The base of the compressor?

The feet on the tank are big suction cups. I could drill another hole in that strap and bolt it down though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Took another ski trip, probably the last one for the year realistically.

Snow is rapidly vanishing....
41389975151_01dc8ef4c4_b.jpg

This is the same CG at the end of Jan
39060660135_a6480200c6_b.jpg

Sunny spring skiing!
41389960891_3b9a43d212_b.jpg

A bit of snow rain mix down low the next couple days.
40494572515_4738d79fd8_b.jpg

Delicious treats and weather warm enough to have the door open! :D
40494573705_5cea9c1fd0_b.jpg

Driving up to the mid station lot makes for an easy spot. Parking right under the gondola.
39580626840_a894e445cd_b.jpg

Truck runs great, drives nice, there was a bit of a wind storm, 60+ side wind gusts, never felt bad at all. Averaged 9.6mpg doing 67mph in the 70 zones and 62-65 in the 60. Lots of stop and go and twisty windy in there too.

java

Expedition Leader
Why must Ford make everything hard? The mirror really needs to be one piece?!
40787624464_64d2351e14_b.jpg

Mirror stem extracted, getting attached to a monitor for review.
27629249548_b5e48ff056_b.jpg

Taken from eye view point, does not bock much more than the mirror IMO
41459287722_67f60f9f5e_b.jpg

Wiring to come.... Wanted to have a starting and ending point before wildly running wires.

tmo2460

Observer
Looking forward to seeing how you like that monitor, my head unit can display a rear view camera but I'm considering a mount like yours to have the video feed always on while driving.

java

Expedition Leader
Looking forward to seeing how you like that monitor, my head unit can display a rear view camera but I'm considering a mount like yours to have the video feed always on while driving.

I hope to have it up and running this week! Ill keep you posted. I like the idea of having a full time rear view also.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Java, I'm watching this install also, because I need a pretty elaborate system for my rig.

Since mine is a trailer, I need a system for the truck as well as one for the trailer. I want to be able to view any of the cameras from the truck cab, and also be able to view any of the trailer cameras from inside the trailer..., think security cameras.

It can be done, but it will evolve two systems and some custom video switchers, and it won't be cheap! Maybe, I'll just buy a bunch of monkeys and have then hang all over the outside and start yelling if I get too close to something. ?

java

Expedition Leader
Java, I'm watching this install also, because I need a pretty elaborate system for my rig.

Since mine is a trailer, I need a system for the truck as well as one for the trailer. I want to be able to view any of the cameras from the truck cab, and also be able to view any of the trailer cameras from inside the trailer..., think security cameras.

It can be done, but it will evolve two systems and some custom video switchers, and it won't be cheap! Maybe, I'll just buy a bunch of monkeys and have then hang all over the outside and start yelling if I get too close to something.
Yeah that is a lot more complicated! I am going for two cams.

Got the one above the back door up this afternoon in my spare 20 mins....
fc5ee093eafc5c0104fdab58abc6953c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz