Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
This is why we need good insulation and a stove in our truck. Majority of my climbing is ice.
Nice! I have always wanted to try ice climbing .

I'm really happy with my insulation. Need to do the floor before winter though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jo_Duval

Observer
OK guys need wheel input again.....

Came across these "inner" dualies for the fancy 20" things guys run. I dont see any reason I could not run them at all positions, am I crazy?

20x8.25 ET 114 (4.5" from CL to WMS)

Stock is 19.5x6 with a 5 3/8" offset (CL to WMS)

My math (and assuming all the googled specs are correct) that puts my front inside rim edge ~1/8" in from the stock wheel location.

Thoughts?

These are the wheels https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x8-3-Fu...m=312139848149&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I was just thinking about your truck and tires today and was wondering what else is available for tires that suit your rig.

What does it weight per axle?

java

Expedition Leader
OK guys need wheel input again.....

Came across these "inner" dualies for the fancy 20" things guys run. I dont see any reason I could not run them at all positions, am I crazy?

20x8.25 ET 114 (4.5" from CL to WMS)

Stock is 19.5x6 with a 5 3/8" offset (CL to WMS)

My math (and assuming all the googled specs are correct) that puts my front inside rim edge ~1/8" in from the stock wheel location.

Thoughts?

These are the wheels https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x8-3-Fu...m=312139848149&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I was just thinking about your truck and tires today and was wondering what else is available for tires that suit your rig.

What does it weight per axle?

6200 front, 8040 rear (probably a couple hundred more lbs since weighed) , but would like to plan for 9k rear in case of trailer, lots of gear etc. In other words I am just barely over the heaviest of LT tires in the rear.... Most are just over 4k max weight rating.

So either I got 37 (mpt81) or 42" (g275 msa) super single or try to find a 20" dually Rim and run LT tires.

java

Expedition Leader
Much room for activities. This is measuring from a straight edge on the face of the wheel, back 10". IIRC the wheel is 3/4" thick or so there, and the new ones I am looking at have 9.16" of backspacing. Should be fine.....

29587482508_c18bcaf1f6_b.jpg

rear clearance
41650465970_53abe43ccf_b.jpg

front clearance, have ~1" to the steering bits there
29587480468_56890fd252_b.jpg

Britboaters

Observer
Java, a couple of thoughts:
No holes in the centers, so perhaps limited brake cooling ?
Secondly, not sure if you're thinking of using these as singles or duals on the rear. I tried to find the rated load capacity, and found one site that indicated "2500" -( lbs ?) If this is correct, I'm not sure you can use them, ...
Scroll down and you'll see some specs.
https://www.extremecustoms.com/product.php?item_id=169072

java

Expedition Leader
Java, a couple of thoughts:
No holes in the centers, so perhaps limited brake cooling ?
Secondly, not sure if you're thinking of using these as singles or duals on the rear. I tried to find the rated load capacity, and found one site that indicated "2500" -( lbs ?) If this is correct, I'm not sure you can use them, ...
Scroll down and you'll see some specs.
https://www.extremecustoms.com/product.php?item_id=169072
Well damn, that's a killer blow of that is the weight rating.... I have emails out to a few suppliers plus Fuel the mfg, hopefully someone has a good spec on them.... I was looking at running them and duals, so it would be fine in the rear, but not so much on the front. Ugh!

java

Expedition Leader
Finally got good info on the Fuel wheels, 3000lb front rating, 2500lb rear. So I am just over the rating in the front :( something about the hub lip engagement is what they said changed the ratings front to rear.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Finally got good info on the Fuel wheels, 3000lb front rating, 2500lb rear. So I am just over the rating in the front :( something about the hub lip engagement is what they said changed the ratings front to rear.
Bummer. The search continues.

java

Expedition Leader
If anyone in the greater Seattle area has an MRAP wheel I could play with please reach out!! I need to see the offset in person, I am not sure they will work for my front end, a lot off offset to deal with....

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I have some in Phoenix and can do any measurements you need if that helps.

They are the Hutchinson alloy ones.

Britboaters

Observer
That's a good offer Oz, but don't forget there are many different versions of 20 x 10.
Maybe include the part number with the measurement ?
For example: Hutchinson part # 1326, with a 10,000 lbs rating has: (This is the wheel with CTIS)
- 4" offset
- 10.22" back space
- about 12.5" overall width, flange to flange
- 10 studs on a 335 mm pitch circle
- 281 mm hub bore
according to Hutchinson drawing I have.

There's also part # 1137. with a 12,750 lbs rating. I don't anything on the offset etc, but it weighs 90 lb !
Same lugs and center bore.

Bob

java

Expedition Leader
I have some in Phoenix and can do any measurements you need if that helps.

They are the Hutchinson alloy ones.
The distance from the back (mounting surface) of the hub to the outside edge of the inner lip. That's the one I don't have from Bob's drawings.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I have a couple of sets but I think neither have CTIS fitted. But I will be back In Phoenix by midday tomorrow so I can grab the measurements for you then.

java

Expedition Leader
I have a couple of sets but I think neither have CTIS fitted. But I will be back In Phoenix by midday tomorrow so I can grab the measurements for you then.
Awesome, I'm in no huge rush, appreciate it!

Britboaters

Observer
You know Gabe, if you can go with the 335/80R20 then with 6,200 lb front axle and 8,400 lb on the rear, the recommended pressure for highway speeds would be 34 & 50 psi.
That would be nice for ride.
Air pressure is pretty much ground pressure, plus a little bit for the stiffness of the tire. So a bigger tire, bigger air chamber, gives you lower air pressure, and therefore lower ground pressure.
That'll allow you to go further in before you get stuck !!
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz