Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
You know Gabe, if you can go with the 335/80R20 then with 6,200 lb front axle and 8,400 lb on the rear, the recommended pressure for highway speeds would be 34 & 50 psi.
That would be nice for ride.
Air pressure is pretty much ground pressure, plus a little bit for the stiffness of the tire. So a bigger tire, bigger air chamber, gives you lower air pressure, and therefore lower ground pressure.
That'll allow you to go further in before you get stuck !!
Bob
Yep that's the idea behind getting off these tiny hard tires!

Getting further has its plusses and minuses :D

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
“Getting further before you get stuck”.

Out in the bush we used to have a rule. 4WD was to get you home. You don’t use it to get places. If you have to pull it into 4WD to get somewhere then you shouldn’t be going there. That was for work and not play so the rules were flexible to get to the good fishing holes.

java

Expedition Leader
“Getting further before you get stuck”.

Out in the bush we used to have a rule. 4WD was to get you home. You don’t use it to get places. If you have to pull it into 4WD to get somewhere then you shouldn’t be going there. That was for work and not play so the rules were flexible to get to the good fishing holes.
Generally the rules I follow too, since 99% of the time I am alone.... It takes a big truck to get me unstuck if I am really stuck!

java

Expedition Leader
New plates arrived!
71e0f00e997c90c1efb4043f480280e9.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Question for all the bigger camper guys. What's your track width and does it match front to rear?

I'm running into issues with either having to space the front end way out to match the rear or tuck the rear tires way in.

IMO matching is ideal, the sand/snow etc is packed by the front wheels and the rear follows in the tracks, but is it as big of a deal as I am thinking?

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Question for all the bigger camper guys. What's your track width and does it match front to rear?

I'm running into issues with either having to space the front end way out to match the rear or tuck the rear tires way in.

IMO matching is ideal, the sand/snow etc is packed by the front wheels and the rear follows in the tracks, but is it as big of a deal as I am thinking?

Not a big deal to match with a dually. No matter what at least 2 tires will set their own path. Can be an advantage in ice situations, to get out of slippery track with at least 2 tires.

java

Expedition Leader

Not a big deal to match with a dually. No matter what at least 2 tires will set their own path. Can be an advantage in ice situations, to get out of slippery track with at least 2 tires.
I guess I wasn't clear, singles and skinnier front width

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO

I guess I wasn't clear, singles and skinnier front width

Ah, ok. Then, yes, better to match tracking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz