Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

Chorky

Observer
My opinion... Get the right tire/wheel combo now. Dont go cheap or try to just 'get buy' until later. I've seen too many problems people have trying to just 'get by' on tires. That's one of the things you shouldn't be cheap on as compared to other things. I ended up spending quite a bit of $$$ on the right wheel/tire combo for my current set-up, and it's well worth it. When your whole life is riding on rubber..not something to play around with and save a few bucks. Just my .02

That being said I'm not familiar with your wheel size.... Is there an option to get different rims to open up more options???

java

Expedition Leader
Pity I’m not further through the 4WD conversion. I have 6 5000 mile old Goodyear’s that will be surplus.

But out of all the options I think the Toyo’s. I have a buddy that runs them on logging trucks and swears by them. And being really kind to him I would call him “frugal” ( or in Australian “ he’s as tight as a fishes ******** and that’s water tight”)

Actually let me check with him. He is in Oregon and may be able to hook you up with his supplier. I take it you are running 225s.

The Toyo seems to be the most aggressive there is out there... If you could check that would be awesome! Yes 225's if I just do the fronts to match. Looking at the M608z tires.

My opinion... Get the right tire/wheel combo now. Dont go cheap or try to just 'get buy' until later. I've seen too many problems people have trying to just 'get by' on tires. That's one of the things you shouldn't be cheap on as compared to other things. I ended up spending quite a bit of $$$ on the right wheel/tire combo for my current set-up, and it's well worth it. When your whole life is riding on rubber..not something to play around with and save a few bucks. Just my .02

That being said I'm not familiar with your wheel size.... Is there an option to get different rims to open up more options???

Fair enough, especially if they wear faster.....

The only wheels are custom options ($$) which really just isn't in the budget right now. It's got a weird bolt pattern.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chorky

Observer
Fair enough, especially if they wear faster.....

The only wheels are custom options ($$) which really just isn't in the budget right now. It's got a weird bolt pattern.

Ahh ok, I didn't realize that. That's a big bummer!

HowardH

Adventurer
I know there are more options for International and Dodge trucks. Does anyone know about the possibility of swapping the wheel hubs out for a different one that would match the Doadge ones?

java

Expedition Leader
I know there are more options for International and Dodge trucks. Does anyone know about the possibility of swapping the wheel hubs out for a different one that would match the Doadge ones?
I'm sure it's possible. The newer dodge 5500's are the same pattern as ours tho. The axles are used by lots, should be hubs available, the front is just adapters for the dually width, that's an easy bolt on.

But I'm not sure what trucks exactly would be 10 bolt Budd.

java

Expedition Leader
Here is the weird ass front tire wear. Drove thru a dusty spot on asphalt that really shows it... See the clean spots?
a526fb340c0d93826dbb4d13f9957622.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Ah, aluminum outers, steel inners. I hate that.

I'd grab two more wheels off ebay and run traction tires all the way around. Easy rotations then.

Jo_Duval

Observer
Don’t do Chinese tires please. We tried them on some backhoes instead of the Michelin’s or Goodyear.. one set lasted one day blew the sidewalks off them, the other set lasted 2 months and were bald, Michelin’s would last 2years with our type of use.

I would try to find used tires before he Chinese if this is only a temporary option

java

Expedition Leader
Ah, aluminum outers, steel inners. I hate that.

I'd grab two more wheels off ebay and run traction tires all the way around. Easy rotations then.

That's what I'm thinking!

Don’t do Chinese tires please. We tried them on some backhoes instead of the Michelin’s or Goodyear.. one set lasted one day blew the sidewalks off them, the other set lasted 2 months and were bald, Michelin’s would last 2years with our type of use.

I would try to find used tires before he Chinese if this is only a temporary option

Thanks for the input! Seems like Toyo is getting the votes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94