Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Inadequate shock dampening, and even a simple alignment problem can cause cupping as well.

May be the shocks? They are new Bilstien 5100's but F350 valving (none made for the 450)

And..... Remember those first set of springs that did not fit? Well I finally was able to get time off work to take the truck to the shop for install this morning, and guess what. Springs #2 DON'T FXXXING FIT.

Bushings are wrong, bolt sleeve is too small, OD is different from OE so I cant press in the old (or new OE) ones....

java

Expedition Leader
Well I am rapidly losing faith in Atlas Spring Company.

Springs are installed, ended up being able to ream the bushing out to fit the OE bolts. Correct length this time.

Now the fun, I took a measurement before I dropped the truck off at the shop. ~37.5" to the wheel well in the rear.

42715055250_d52367c398_b.jpg

Note the patch of plants, just to show I am in nearly the same spot.

42715055050_b0ef66576d_b.jpg

And After.... 36.5" Thats an inch SHORTER not 1" taller than stock!! bags are at 10 psi, I ran 70 previously with the OE springs, just enough to keep then above the overloads or it squeaked like crazy.

44474059272_1510ed29e0_b.jpg

42715056190_6ca6bbb087_b.jpg

And here is my order, clearly give the weight, and 1" over stock. I emailed after the first set were wrong verifying that was rear end only, just to try to mitigate any issues with the new set.

44524070401_692359564e_b.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
That stinks. Wonder if they miscalculated your block height? I'm sure they'll make it right. It's hard to get it right without the actual truck.

java

Expedition Leader
That stinks. Wonder if they miscalculated your block height? I'm sure they'll make it right. It's hard to get it right without the actual truck.

That's a thought.

I hope we can figure something out. I am 100% sure they don't do all local business. This can be the first set of springs they have made off of specs.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
This sucks, man. There were very realistic expectations of these new springs, and they have missed the mark. They better step-up somehow.

xracer144

Adventurer
We run Chinese Radar brand tires on all the work vans and trailers now. 10 vans and trailers, zero failures that weren’t driver error.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Have you flex'd them yet to see if they'll settle in and come to the height you ordered? I've had different experiences with different spring makers and after flexing them they've actually settled into the height I ordered. Good luck!

java

Expedition Leader
lol

yeah, I dont see that happening

Sucks about the leafs man.
Good luck sorting that out.
Id be raising hell about it, myself....
Yeah me either....

I emailed them Thursday night. Have not heard anything yet..... I'll give them another business day. Then I will get less friendly.

I did get to spend the day yesterday tearing into the leafs.... Gravel driveways are a **********.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles