Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Progress!! If anyone else wants to remove vinyl glue, use Rapid Remover. It's amazing.
584584c8739b6434e5f5da4da8547291.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fatboyz

Observer
Mines still at the upfitter. Has about 4 hrs work to do that he has been saying he'll get to every day for the last 3 weeks. I'm ok waiting as long as wait time is reflected in the final price!

java

Expedition Leader
Mines still at the upfitter. Has about 4 hrs work to do that he has been saying he'll get to every day for the last 3 weeks. I'm ok waiting as long as wait time is reflected in the final price!
Yeah I know how that goes. Everyone is slammed busy.

Got an appointment to do up pipes. That is painfully expensive.

java

Expedition Leader
Tech Help Time!

OK so the new wheels appear to be designed as singles, The centers are 1" thick, there is only 1" of lip at the centerbore on the axle. And the the studs would need to take the loads for them as duals.

Thoughts?

44629531675_5af768b959_b.jpg

44818195424_89f0fd5b98_b.jpg

Bore/lip engagement.
45493305152_a5212110fb_b.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Those studs cannot handle the load of the wheel.

That was my thinking too. Just wanted to doulbe check. I guess I am running singles!

they are all installed. They are heavy. I will not be lifting one up the back door without some sort of mechanism.

If anyone else buys a set of these LMK, I have ones I will sell off for spares! :D

Chorky

Observer
Is the capacity conducive for just running single??? I would be a little concerned about that bit... I had to search quite a bit to find the right tire/wheel combination for my own application to be within factory 'max' rated specs.

java

Expedition Leader
Is the capacity conducive for just running single??? I would be a little concerned about that bit... I had to search quite a bit to find the right tire/wheel combination for my own application to be within factory 'max' rated specs.
Yes we'll over my weight as singles, wheels are rated at 6830, tires 6300 ish.

And being dot approved and Meeting mil spec J something something I bet they are good for more than that...

java

Expedition Leader
How do they track as singles? How is the fit for turning in the front? Guess you have 3 extra?
Haven't driven it yet! But the front tire splits half the tread on the back, just like OE.

Front will need some clearancing. It's dark, not happening tonight. Don't turn sharp. Looks mostly in the inner rear fender area. And maybe where the fender and bumper are attached needs to get hacked
Yep, 3 extra....

Fatboyz

Observer
When I chatted with the fella at Canadian Rockwell about the MRAP wheels he said they mount that inner either on the inside, or the outside of the rim to adjust track. Could you do that with the rear to get them to track closer to the front if desired?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior