Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Yep can flip the rears, just need a 3-4" spacer and track will be even. Rears will just be tucked under the box a bit. GXV does it.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
looking good! my 1/2" spacer pushed my outside dual off the hub (still have the alcoa 22.5's on it) ... not only is it way out of balance no way i want to be putting weight on the studs!

got these wheels but now trying to figure out exactly what they are ... seller (easternsurplus) claims mrap rg31 /mrap jerrv wheels - but I can't find ANYTHING about these wheels. Seller also said they were "NOS so the o-ring's should be fine" ... then they got here, no o-rings at all.... now the seller isn't replying to me. guy on ebay appears to be selling the same wheels (for 3x the cost) but he says these were 'prototypes' so no manual or part number etc. I"m so tired of wheels and tires right now... i'd put tracks on my kodiak if I could! need to figure out which o-rings go in these and get some dual port valves...and apparently drill the holes out to fit those (which if these were really mrap wheels I shouldn't need to..). anyway glad you finally got yours figured out, good luck with the trimming etc in the front

(info and photo in case anyone else is considering these... I got mine for $195/ea but eastern has since raised their price - I wouldn't buy them again since they don't appear to be what they're advertised as, and they are HEAVY)

Attachments

• 16 Stud 8 Hole Wheel Rim for MRAP.JPG
    16 Stud 8 Hole Wheel Rim for MRAP.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 39

java

Expedition Leader
looking good! my 1/2" spacer pushed my outside dual off the hub (still have the alcoa 22.5's on it) ... not only is it way out of balance no way i want to be putting weight on the studs!

got these wheels but now trying to figure out exactly what they are ... seller (easternsurplus) claims mrap rg31 /mrap jerrv wheels - but I can't find ANYTHING about these wheels. Seller also said they were "NOS so the o-ring's should be fine" ... then they got here, no o-rings at all.... now the seller isn't replying to me. guy on ebay appears to be selling the same wheels (for 3x the cost) but he says these were 'prototypes' so no manual or part number etc. I"m so tired of wheels and tires right now... i'd put tracks on my kodiak if I could! need to figure out which o-rings go in these and get some dual port valves...and apparently drill the holes out to fit those (which if these were really mrap wheels I shouldn't need to..). anyway glad you finally got yours figured out, good luck with the trimming etc in the front

(info and photo in case anyone else is considering these... I got mine for $195/ea but eastern has since raised their price - I wouldn't buy them again since they don't appear to be what they're advertised as, and they are HEAVY)

Part numbers on the wheels? Any idea of MFG? That sucks they are not what you thought. Mine are HEAVY with the tires, no way I am lifting one up high on the door. Getting the studs lined up was bad enough.

Yeah I definitely don't want them riding on the studs only. Bores are not tight enough for any kind of centering. They are on and torqued. I will have to get some pictures..... It was dark.

Chorky

Observer
Don't you have other things planned for your rear bumper also? Maybe consider mounting a cheapers truck bed lift from harbor freight to aid in spare removal/mounting and other things as well. Not sure how I like this idea, probably something better out there, but gets the gears turning on thoughts anyway.

java

Expedition Leader
Don't you have other things planned for your rear bumper also? Maybe consider mounting a cheapers truck bed lift from harbor freight to aid in spare removal/mounting and other things as well. Not sure how I like this idea, probably something better out there, but gets the gears turning on thoughts anyway.
I don't really have anything planned for the rear bumper. I am trying to stay away from more mechanical systems to lift the tire if I can. We will see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Yep can flip the rears, just need a 3-4" spacer and track will be even. Rears will just be tucked under the box a bit. GXV does it.

If you are going to play with spacers I would recommend you look at adapters instead and having them made for the alloy MRAP rims (75#). The rims are cheap (I get them for about $125 new). You will need to consider the bead profile (MPT or non MPT). Also I don’t know if your front axle runs the spacers like the f350 etc do. If so you can remove them to fit the adapters there as well. If yours runs the Super 60 axle an adapter on the front will probably have to push the wheel track out further.

java

Expedition Leader
If you are going to play with spacers I would recommend you look at adapters instead and having them made for the alloy MRAP rims (75#). The rims are cheap (I get them for about $125 new). You will need to consider the bead profile (MPT or non MPT). Also I don’t know if your front axle runs the spacers like the f350 etc do. If so you can remove them to fit the adapters there as well. If yours runs the Super 60 axle an adapter on the front will probably have to push the wheel track out further.

The offsets on the MRAP rims are just too far off for this truck. The Stryker wheels would work, but they are like unicorn farts to find.

GXV uses spacers to match the track front to rear with these wheels, I need to email and see if they would aim me towards who they get them from.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
i think staz said he has some stryker wheels - not positive, but was talking about wheels etc when i ordered my tires and inserts from him. btw, he said the new chevy/gmc medium c4500+'s are the same bolt pattern (8x275) so he's working on an aluminum rim of some sort to super single these trucks....maybe another option?
there are numbers stamped on my "mrap" wheels...but google turned up absolutely nothing - no mention anywhere on the web at all, hard to believe.

java

Expedition Leader
i think staz said he has some stryker wheels - not positive, but was talking about wheels etc when i ordered my tires and inserts from him. btw, he said the new chevy/gmc medium c4500+'s are the same bolt pattern (8x275) so he's working on an aluminum rim of some sort to super single these trucks....maybe another option?
there are numbers stamped on my "mrap" wheels...but google turned up absolutely nothing - no mention anywhere on the web at all, hard to believe.

Yeah hes been talking about the alu singles for awhile....

Are they Hutchinson wheels? My part numbers came up with nothing on Google, but Hutchinson knew exactly what they were.

I think I am happy with these wheels, I am done researching. I want to drive it!

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
Yeah hes been talking about the alu singles for awhile....

Are they Hutchinson wheels? My part numbers came up with nothing on Google, but Hutchinson knew exactly what they were.

I think I am happy with these wheels, I am done researching. I want to drive it!

good for you - if you find wheels that work let it be! I thought I was doing the safe thing by going with alcoa 22.5's for mine.... figured they'd work no problem at all! well the airbags touching the tires = nope ... but I suppose I could try to get smaller tires that aren't as wide as the 10r22.5's and maybe that would be enough to clear. i'm beyond sick of tires, wheels, researching, and trying to solve the issues....

the only markings stamped on the steel mrap wheels are as follows:

GW C40001289 S
OW 1923 09-09

and another one has

GW C4000824
OW 1928 07-07

the last series is the date of mfg i'd guess.... but what the "GW C...." is I have no idea (gross weight....4 million ounces? :) ) I posted on steel soldiers to try and see if any of those folks know about them. Oz pm'd me some info too. I still plan on using them, and if i have to guess on the thickness of the o-ring I'll just go middle of the road with a 1/4" ones. I'll install dual port valves too so i have normal schrader and the high flow one too. (did i mention how SICK OF TIRES AND WHEELS I AM?????)

java

Expedition Leader
good for you - if you find wheels that work let it be! I thought I was doing the safe thing by going with alcoa 22.5's for mine.... figured they'd work no problem at all! well the airbags touching the tires = nope ... but I suppose I could try to get smaller tires that aren't as wide as the 10r22.5's and maybe that would be enough to clear. i'm beyond sick of tires, wheels, researching, and trying to solve the issues....

the only markings stamped on the steel mrap wheels are as follows:

GW C40001289 S
OW 1923 09-09

and another one has

GW C4000824
OW 1928 07-07

the last series is the date of mfg i'd guess.... but what the "GW C...." is I have no idea (gross weight....4 million ounces? :) ) I posted on steel soldiers to try and see if any of those folks know about them. Oz pm'd me some info too. I still plan on using them, and if i have to guess on the thickness of the o-ring I'll just go middle of the road with a 1/4" ones. I'll install dual port valves too so i have normal schrader and the high flow one too. (did i mention how SICK OF TIRES AND WHEELS I AM?????)

Oh I know exactly how tired of it you are. I'm right there with you. I shudder to think how many hours I have been googling.... LOL

I think these will work awesome. I will have to get some pictures in the daylight, they look BA IMO. May do spacers in the rear, may not, will get some driving time in first. These are nice wheels, and a good tire size for me. These have high flow valves and an adapter on them, on BOTH sides of the wheels! Yes! I have no high flow fittings, or big compressor, but they are cool anyway :D

java

Expedition Leader
Daylight pics.
190a4b387072e25382bad1c9abdf721f.jpg
dbe55ae0cb2a017edbbe249f2b4f530f.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Wow, that looks like a completely different vehicle without all that blue on it! I assume you're going to remove the blue from the cab also, right?

Any plans now for that big white blank canvas on the front of the camper?

java

Expedition Leader
Wow, that looks like a completely different vehicle without all that blue on it! I assume you're going to remove the blue from the cab also, right?

Any plans now for that big white blank canvas on the front of the camper?
Probably leaving the one blue stripe. It will just be a sea of black there otherwise.

Yep, wife bought some mountains to stick there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz