Thread: Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Good times! Love this truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ski in your front door! I did that once at a rental. Must be nice!
    1992 FORD F-350 Crew 4X4. 460 gas, Manual 5-speed. Sky's Offroad Design shackle reversal, Atlas Spring spring packs, Falken 37x12.5-17 Wildpeaks Trailready 17x8.5 beadlocks, Warn Winches front&rear, Odyssey AGM Batteries, Power Master. Centramatic Dynamic Wheel Balancers. Pressure Pro TPMS. Maxima Racing Fluids, Vision-X, JE Reel, Crap Ind.
    Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by pappawheely View Post
    Ski in your front door! I did that once at a rental. Must be nice!
    It's super nice! They have hot (pay) showers too. Lots of ice and freezing rain though....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by java; 01-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Happy New Year kid.
    M151 (sold)
    2007 4 Door JK
    M1078 (LMTV)

Quote Originally Posted by B85 View Post
    Happy New Year kid.
    Thanks you too!

Looking for some larger front mud flaps, perhaps rally car style, what are people using for cheap flaps that don't freeze and break.
    Little late here, but I use industrial conveyor belt material. There are different types, so make sure you are getting a fabric backed synthetic rubber that will stand up to freezing temps. Not all of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    Little late here, but I use industrial conveyor belt material. There are different types, so make sure you are getting a fabric backed synthetic rubber that will stand up to freezing temps. Not all of them do.
    Interesting, where would you find that in small amounts?

Most NAPA stores carry (or can easily get) big rig mud flaps. heavy duty, easy to modify. Or maybe check a truck stop/big rig shop.
    2015 MB Sprinter Winnebago Era 70C
    1965 Scout 80 7.3PSD/ZF/203/205 D60F/14BFF
    Member: 4 Jackstand Wheeler's Association
    Quote Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

Quote Originally Posted by guidolyons View Post
    Most NAPA stores carry (or can easily get) big rig mud flaps. heavy duty, easy to modify. Or maybe check a truck stop/big rig shop.
    I got one of those for my propane tank protection, I just dont think its still enough to make it stick out from the fender flare a couple inches without it flopping in the breeze.

Interesting, where would you find that in small amounts?
    Ebay.

Floors are cold, really cold. So before the last trip I bought some cheap carpet and cut it to fit the kitchen/eating area. Had to lift the fridge a bit to clear it. I spray glued foam floating floor backing to it so it doesn't scratch up the vinyl flooring. That way it can be popped out for summer. I also didn't do any in front of the door, that way wet boots don't just soak it.

Then I added a drain for the hot water heater. It has a valve it uses when it gets close to freezing to release pressure I guess. Good to know..... It dumped a lot of water out onto the floor. (you can see my ghetto vinyl tube in the carpet pic) now its a proper drain, down through the floor.

Drill big old hole.

Make up the fitting and measure the piece of pipe needed. I am using PEX, its awesome.

And wala, water goes out the bottom of the truck!

Also got the Ham radio nearly installed. Just need to finish running power..... Picked up a cheap ft7900

For as big as the truck is, there is no where on the dash to put a damn remote face plate! I settled on this, its low, not going to be adjustable while driving, but should work ok.

Also added a second gas strut to the bed, it wouldn't stay open when we stacked all the stuff on it that end up on horizontal surfaces....

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast