Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

Have you measured voltage at the headlight connector yet?

I know you are itchin' for some super fancy headlights, but I bet you could get a great deal more output from the stockers by doing nothing more than a relay mod and better bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by IdaSHO View Post
    Have you measured voltage at the headlight connector yet?

I know you are itchin' for some super fancy headlights, but I bet you could get a great deal more output from the stockers by doing nothing more than a relay mod and better bulbs
    I haven't! I should check. I'm damn happy with my driving lights, just no good when anyone else is around. I'm not sure I want to mess with headlights just yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice thread! Love your build. I'm curious to hear what your condensation situation is now that you've been on a few trips. I'm considering doing something similar to you, but on a lower profile. Original thought was a pop up style (like a FWC) but, its basically a tent and condensation sucks, aside from poor insulation - driving me to consider modifying a work box or something. Although, my travel trailer condensates quite a lot at night also.... So have you had any issues, or does the insulation pretty much keep things dry? Have you noticed any uneasy feelings with having a more top-heavy rig than if it were a pop-up style?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorky View Post
    Nice thread! Love your build. I'm curious to hear what your condensation situation is now that you've been on a few trips. I'm considering doing something similar to you, but on a lower profile. Original thought was a pop up style (like a FWC) but, its basically a tent and condensation sucks, aside from poor insulation - driving me to consider modifying a work box or something. Although, my travel trailer condensates quite a lot at night also.... So have you had any issues, or does the insulation pretty much keep things dry? Have you noticed any uneasy feelings with having a more top-heavy rig than if it were a pop-up style?
    Thanks!

Condensation, not much you can do about it in the cold, its part of life. We usually leave one of the roof vents open (Crank the fan when cooking!), that helps. I don't get any on the walls or ceiling, its just the window frames for the most part. Also around the back door where I don't have any insulation or vapor barrier on the steel door frame yet. Its better than our old Winnie so far, that would drip from the ceiling after a couple days. I hate wet tents, part of why I wont do pop up, this truck is for use in the fall and winter in the PNW, lots of rain and snow. I don't have a place I could open a pop top up to dry it.

Its a tall truck, but doesn't feel too top heavy. Most of the weight is down low. The batteries and water tank are at floor level. I would love some Helwig sway bars eventually. I can do the corners at the "suggested speed" signs or better 99% of the time. I worry more about low bridges!

If I was getting a custom box made it would be about a foot shorter than this one, although the kid likes the head room in the cab over area. But buying used I am not complaining.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768