Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Love this truck. Good to see it out in the wild doing work.

Thank you! We were out in it last night, met up with some friends and had a nice little bonfire. Slept warm and cozy all night, it was 28 degrees out this morning.

Not much snow this year in the spot we go to.
38392358395_a6b40e2657_b.jpg

Happy Holidays everyone!

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel
Looking for some larger front mud flaps, perhaps rally car style, what are people using for cheap flaps that don't freeze and break.

Little late here, but I use industrial conveyor belt material. There are different types, so make sure you are getting a fabric backed synthetic rubber that will stand up to freezing temps. Not all of them do.

java

Expedition Leader
Little late here, but I use industrial conveyor belt material. There are different types, so make sure you are getting a fabric backed synthetic rubber that will stand up to freezing temps. Not all of them do.

Interesting, where would you find that in small amounts?

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Most NAPA stores carry (or can easily get) big rig mud flaps. heavy duty, easy to modify. Or maybe check a truck stop/big rig shop.

java

Expedition Leader
Most NAPA stores carry (or can easily get) big rig mud flaps. heavy duty, easy to modify. Or maybe check a truck stop/big rig shop.

I got one of those for my propane tank protection, I just dont think its still enough to make it stick out from the fender flare a couple inches without it flopping in the breeze.

java

Expedition Leader
Floors are cold, really cold. So before the last trip I bought some cheap carpet and cut it to fit the kitchen/eating area. Had to lift the fridge a bit to clear it. I spray glued foam floating floor backing to it so it doesn't scratch up the vinyl flooring. That way it can be popped out for summer. I also didn't do any in front of the door, that way wet boots don't just soak it.

39665516802_f17beb6c85_b.jpg

Then I added a drain for the hot water heater. It has a valve it uses when it gets close to freezing to release pressure I guess. Good to know..... It dumped a lot of water out onto the floor. (you can see my ghetto vinyl tube in the carpet pic) now its a proper drain, down through the floor.

Drill big old hole.
39661241112_9f974f9ff4_b.jpg

Make up the fitting and measure the piece of pipe needed. I am using PEX, its awesome.
39661253322_b043e6509b_b.jpg

And wala, water goes out the bottom of the truck!
25820148968_6e9cfe1cb9_b.jpg

Also got the Ham radio nearly installed. Just need to finish running power..... Picked up a cheap ft7900
38510427784_111535a496_b.jpg

For as big as the truck is, there is no where on the dash to put a damn remote face plate! I settled on this, its low, not going to be adjustable while driving, but should work ok.
39218010241_69d5a4d0a4_b.jpg

Also added a second gas strut to the bed, it wouldn't stay open when we stacked all the stuff on it that end up on horizontal surfaces....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles