wifi

rideglobally

Adventurer
not sure if this is the place to post this. we are traveling to central and south america in january 2017. is there a wifi we can use on our vehicle while on travel? thx

rideglobally

Adventurer
thx, i went to their website, very technical. wish there is a dummer down version. Joe917, what countries are you using it? the first year 2017 we are in central and south america. will it work there in areas where there is no internet? we are also in a land vehicle. thx much.

plh

Explorer
Google fi & a Nexus 5x? As long as there is cell service. which would be the case with all hardware. I used one as a hotspot in Brazil, Mexico, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Japan, So. Korea and all over Europe with no issues. $10 for each 1gig of data pretty much all over - lot of places anyways. I've tethered as many as 6 laptops, phones, pads simultaneously to it with no issue, can probably do more. A Nexus 5x new might be a little hard to find now. I paid $199 for mine 6 months ago.

Joe917

Explorer
It will work anywhere WIFI is available (you need to find free wifi or have the password for the connection). It is only a way to boost your reception range. If there is no WIFI available you need another system such as cell.
Are you looking for WIFI or internet, they are not the same thing. (WIFI is one way to connect to the internet).
If you do use free WIFI you need to use a VPN to protect your data.

I think this thread needs an update to meet the rapid tech development.

Still need to find a good dual band omni directional antenna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles