Econoline Van Swivel Seat Bases

WVI

Adventurer
Thanks so much for the help folks!
I've never noticed Torx sockets before....At least now i know they exist.
I may have to use some heat on these.
I don't wish to hi-jack this thread. I'm attempting to add spacers under the base to rase it. I did it in the past on my old Evan....I don't recall them being Torxs studs and bolts.
Makes sense for factory assembly.

TyVanosaurus_Rex

Hello 1der,
I was interested in one of your front passenger swivel mounts - do you still have any available (or think you might in the future)? I have a 2013 E350 currently converting to a campervan.
Was really bummed to find out U-Joint had stopped making them about 2 months before I got into this project.

Also - New to the Forum. This is my first post!
Thanks for the info!
Brad

1der

Observer
Hi Brad, welcome!! I have some bases coming available in April. Please PM your zip code to me do I can get shipping and payment info to you. Also, advise if Passenger only (I see that in your post) or if you want a Driver as well. Driver will work with the UJOR conversion. Thxs! Ray

1der

Observer
I will have more Econoline Seat seat bases available coming up in mid July. PM me if interested. I need zip code for shipping cost. Thxs!

TyVanosaurus_Rex

Hey 1der,
Just wanted to report that we got the swivel bases installed and couldn't be happier with how easy they were to put in and clean they look!
Definitely worth the investment if anyone out there is on the fence about throwing these in their van!20180513_154041.jpg

Reactions: WVI

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hey 1der,
Just wanted to report that we got the swivel bases installed and couldn't be happier with how easy they were to put in and clean they look!
Definitely worth the investment if anyone out there is on the fence about throwing these in their van!View attachment 454246
What year are your seats? My ‘97 seats have room for improvement... and I’d like to know what year(s) I should be looking for.

another_mike

Adventurer
What year are your seats? My ‘97 seats have room for improvement... and I’d like to know what year(s) I should be looking for.
I wonder if its the redesign of the seat or just the newer foam. My 2006's driver seat is horribly worn, at a weird angle too, probably from constantly getting in and out. It was a cable company van.. But that also means my passenger seat is like brand new since no one ever sat in it. Night and day difference. So im thinking maybe just a change in foam on the drivers seat might be a cheap way to go.

Reactions: WVI

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Both passenger and drivers seats are flat and without contours on the bottom. The fabric is continuous without any stitch lines. 2000+ look better... and ‘08 seem to have changed based on my google image search. So before I start searching the wrecking yards... I thought I’d ask other owners what seats bolt in easily, look OEM, and are better than well worn originals. The original seats are like a big exercise ball.

Last edited:

1der

Observer
Update /Bump - I will have more seat bases coming up for shipment around October 5th. Let me know if interested. I need to know what you want along with zip code for calculating shipping. thxs! Ray

sherryb41

Update /Bump - I will have more seat bases coming up for shipment around October 5th. Let me know if interested. I need to know what you want along with zip code for calculating shipping. thxs! Ray

I need a passenger swivel seat in 83301 for a 2012 E-150. How can I get one?

Attachments

• 636649426397703879.jpg
    636649426397703879.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 46

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles