Econoline Van Swivel Seat Bases

Wes!

Bit of an off topic question, but do you have any rough drawings of the bolt patterns for the seats and mounting? I have a 69 econoline and I'm trying to see what my options are for a passenger swivel seat. Would you possibly be open to making something with a bolt pattern that would fit? I'm totally expecting some extra charge for it being a custom piece.

Surffj62

(Kinda hijack..)
Great well made base. However wife spun chair before I could separate or finesse air bag connection and pulled the air bag wire apart. Can any one snap a close up photo of the wires so I can plug them back in - the plug stayed connected but the wires came out.
Thanks!

tedmcgill

Hello would it be possible to purchase a passenger and drivers seat bracket that swivels. I would need it delivered to 3741 10th Ave, Port Alberni, BC Canada V9Y4W5. Ted

1der

Observer
Hi All, I apologize for not responding sooner to these last few posts. I did not receive thread activity notification emails. I will address some questions later this morning.

Some quick answers though:
Power Seats - the power seat and motor unit cannot be mounted to the swivel seat bases. You would have to remove the power seat and replace with an OEM manual seat.

1996 and prior/older vans - these bases are bolt in for 1997 and newer. Some people have been able to adapt them for 1996 and earlier. It is not an easy adaptation. The seat belts are different, floor mounting hole patterns are different and the seat slide mounting dimensions are different. Re the 1969 van - Sorry, the manufacturer will not build custom or modified units due to liability issues.

Wes! - please PM me your email address and I will send you the rough drawing with dimensions.

Wiring issue - what year van Surfj62?

TedMcGill - I do ship to Canada but it is expen$ive!! Any US address near the border I can ship to would save you about US$60. I will work up both options and PM you the details.

Thxs for you understanding RE delayed responses. I do have some passenger bases available. The driver bases are all gone for this batch. I will have more of both in another couple of months.

Last edited:

1der

Observer
The only seat base left is a Passenger Base, all the others are gone. Shoot me a payment if you already have a quote or shoot me a Zip for shipping quote and payment info. First payment gets it.

Payment is $195 plus shipping via PayPal using Friends and Family to searay230@gmail.com. If you do not have a shipping quote (est $25 to $45 depending on distance from San Francisco) and want the base, send me the $195 now to reserve the base, and pay for the shipping before I ship it. I will refund the $195 payment if shipping is not acceptable.

I will likely have more bases around beginning of September for a ship date of mid September. Let me know if you want to reserve one. Thxs!

Thxs! Ray

1der

Observer
I will have some extra PASSENGER and DRIVER Swivel Seat Bases for 1997 to 2014 Econoline Swivel Seat Bases available for shipment late October.

Payment is $195 for Passenger and $205 for Driver plus shipping via PayPal using Friends and Family to searay230@gmail.com.

If you do not have a shipping quote, please post or PM your zip code. I will provide shipping and payment info.
(shipping is usually between $25 to $72 depending on # units and distance from San Francisco).

thxs! Ray

2_Chihuahuas

I will have some extra PASSENGER and DRIVER Swivel Seat Bases for 1997 to 2014 Econoline Swivel Seat Bases available for shipment late October.

Payment is $195 for Passenger and $205 for Driver plus shipping via PayPal using Friends and Family to searay230@gmail.com.

If you do not have a shipping quote, please post or PM your zip code. I will provide shipping and payment info.
(shipping is usually between $25 to $72 depending on # units and distance from San Francisco).

thxs! Ray

1der

Observer
I have one brand new Driver and Passenger seat base available for immediate ship left over from my latest buy. The driver is available by itself, if that is all you want. Otherwise they go together to someone who wants both. $205 for Driver, $400 for both plus shipping, or pick up in San Francisco. If shipping, send me your zip and I will send you shipping cost and payment info. Thxs!

2_Chihuahuas

Well, I finally got those swivels installed, and they are awesome! What a difference in the amount of "living space" it opened up in the van to be able to turn those seats around! Thanks again for your help!

PS. The driver's seat is definitely lower now (lol - I can't see over the windshield without major cushions!). I'm going to have to see what I can do about that. We talked about possibly trying to build up the base with wooden blocks -- not quite sure how I'd do this, though, since all the bolts are attached, and wouldn't be long enough.

Any suggestions anyone might have about this problem would be welcome.

Lwing

Would like a set to Port Alberni Canada also, and I don't know Ted? Small town,,
Greg Simpson
6085 Grandview rd
Port Alberni B.C.
Canada
V9y 8w1
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier