Summitbeerowl's 93 Toyota Truck Build

Gatordoc

Adventurer
I'm no help on the muffler, but I'm diggin' the truck!

My first 4x4 was a '94 reg cab, so I have a soft spot for these pre-Tacoma pickups.

Keep up the good work!

Toyojay

Awesome truck! I wouldn't mess with the graphics, its very clean and simple as it is now. Any plans for the TOYOTA word on the gate?

screwball48

Explorer
I have had a couple of 22RE trucks with a Flowmaster. The Ole butt dyno noticed a difference over a stock style muffler. The engines just seemed to work a little freer. The exhaust tone was noticeably different yet still not "ricer".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FJOE

Regular Dude
Beautiful truck, and very well executed. If you would like to add a second tow hook up front, here are the Toyota part numbers (FYI, it was about 34.00 shipped)-

51961-35020
HOOK, FR

51963-35080
STOPPER, FR HOOK WIR

90101-12176
BOLT, HEXAGON (x2)

94621-11200
WASHER, PLATE (x2)

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Awesome truck! I wouldn't mess with the graphics, its very clean and simple as it is now. Any plans for the TOYOTA word on the gate?

Ya, gotta get that soon. Been looking at a lot of graphics but haven't found the right one yet. Probably need a graphite colored one. Thought about some chrome TRD emblems to put on the front fenders just in front of the doors. Like to have something SR5 expedition on the back fenders.

qton

Looking good! Really like the red without the graphics. I have a 93 Xtra cab as well. Do you have anymore information on the flares you used? Did you have to permanently modify the fender/ bed to install them? I really like the updated look!

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Looking good! Really like the red without the graphics. I have a 93 Xtra cab as well. Do you have anymore information on the flares you used? Did you have to permanently modify the fender/ bed to install them? I really like the updated look!

Thanks qton. No modification was necessary to mount the Bushwhacker flares. The fit is very good and don't seem as cheap on as when you first pull them out of the box. I still think they are over priced for what they are made of but I sure like the finished look they give.
BTW I do like the white 93. Looks very clean. There's something about white that always looks good.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
IMG_20170528_165528.jpgIMG_20170428_084629.jpg
Well, haven't been on for a while. Been camping and kayaking with the truck though.
I think it's time for figuring out the roof rack.
From my calculations it looks like the perfect size rack might be the Yakima Mega Warrior with the extension.
Has anyone installed one of these on a fiberglass topper? I would like to mount it directly to the topper and then use the rack as the bars to mount the kayak brackets on to carry them on top of the Megawarrior.
I emailed Yakima but the response I received was of no help what so ever. They want me to buy all the crossbars and roof mounts and then put the basket on top of that. I'd like to have the Megawarrior fairly permanently mounted and would like to keep it as low as possible.
Any thoughts?

screwball48

Explorer
I have saw where individuals have used the factory roof rails off of A Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee so they could then use Yakima products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
I've seen a mount someone made that did not use the Yakima racks.

IIRC, he used aluminum blocks about 2" tall, and through bolted the rack, mounts and blocks to the shell. Once you see the Yakima mounting system, it will make sense.

If you change your mind, and decide on a Load Warrior instead, I have one with the extension I am selling.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
I've seen a mount someone made that did not use the Yakima racks.

IIRC, he used aluminum blocks about 2" tall, and through bolted the rack, mounts and blocks to the shell. Once you see the Yakima mounting system, it will make sense.

If you change your mind, and decide on a Load Warrior instead, I have one with the extension I am selling.

I appreciate your offer but I think the Megawarrior would probably be a better fit.
I can see the block idea working.
Although using the track I would think bolting it on shouldn't be too difficult.
I am concerned if the rack is strong enough without the rails under it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles