The Down I use

zimm

Expedition Leader
I read the Down article, and while i use mountain hardware as bar gear, i notice the down i rely on wasnt mentioned

TAIGA https://www.taigaworks.ca/Down-Clothing-c14

i have the cheakamus vest, the ellesmere parka, snow pants and the expedition booties. you can forgo a sleeping bag in their stuff. its not a hardshell setup so typical damage can occur, and the style is... 1975... but warmth is second to none at the pricepoint. the big names are a bit overpriced going apples to apples.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Great pricing. I mentioned the alpinetek parka as well. I am so impressed with them, and for 129.00 Canadian, it's a deadly deal. Not performance down for hiking and moving a lot....but for keeping warm around town, and just out and about. It's hard to beat. I have to buy some of this Taiga gear. Looks to be awesome.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Great pricing. I mentioned the alpinetek parka as well. I am so impressed with them, and for 129.00 Canadian, it's a deadly deal. Not performance down for hiking and moving a lot....but for keeping warm around town, and just out and about. It's hard to beat. I have to buy some of this Taiga gear. Looks to be awesome.

made by canucks for canucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles