2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

mccustomize

Explorer
They can do it by mail, but I would recommend finding a tuner in your area to do a drive along tune, the results will be much better as long as you find a reputable tuner.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
There is NO tuners anywhere close to me. like its probably 30-40 hrs driving time just to get near a dyno from me. The only way would be tuner, or sending the ECU to BB.

kojackJKU

Ha ha...for sure. Its lonely on the island. But we do have a lot of free wilderness which more than makes up for it!

02TahoeMD

Explorer
with the BB tune, do I have to goto them or is it a mail order setup?

I think that in person is always the best bet, but, that said I do understand your remote location. With BlackBear you can contact them with your requirements, and they can send you a programmed ECU, and you return your factory "core" once you have installed theirs.

kojackJKU

Agreed 02, a true dyno tune is always best...but NOT possible. Same with me tuning motorcycles. I have to rely on a tuner on the mainland to send me the tunes. I don't have the space to get a full motorcycle dyno in my shop. And the ROI would not be there.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Wheeler Pass Trail, NV

Took the truck up Wheeler Pass Trail in the Spring Mountains outside Las Vegas.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/981-wheeler-pass

Fun trail, went up the more difficult route from Cold Creek to Pahrump. 7.6mi to the 7,700ft pass, last two miles was 4x4 low crawling. 3.73 gears turned the 37s well, only had to lock up the rear end for 10ft of trail. 4.10 gears will definitely put less strain on the tranny.

wheeler.jpg

More pictures and video to come soon.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans.

Last edited:

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Wheeler Pass Trail VIDEO

Recorded in 1/sec timelapse, and slowed it down to half speed. Next video will have outside views of the truck navigating the trails.

Enjoy

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well thats one hell of a long :Wow1:video you posted Crazy! I would have likes to see you rig going over obstacles and such, but I am sure you had a good time. Some sound on the video would be cool too. Next time lets see you truck forcing some terrain. Cheers. Chilli.:)

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Well thats one hell of a long :Wow1:video you posted Crazy! I would have likes to see you rig going over obstacles and such, but I am sure you had a good time. Some sound on the video would be cool too. Next time lets see you truck forcing some terrain. Cheers. Chilli.:)

Chilli,

When I did Wheeler Pass it was 54F outside and the wind was howling at 40+mph and and I didn't bring any warm clothes to set up the camera for action shots that you want to see. Yesterday I did another trail and it was the opposite, no wind and 108F at trailhead and 110F at the river. I did a dashcam through the windshield view following my buddy who was pushing his Liberty to the limit in 4x4 low while I the kids and I enjoyed dual zone AC in 2wd high. For the drive back I put the camera on my buddy's rear window facing back so he can record me in regular video mode. I will edit and upload both videos in the next day or two.

P.S. I will do a fun day of videos of the truck going over obstacles in the next few weeks.

Andrei

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Big Horn Cove trail VIDEO

Big Horn Cove Rd trail near Willow Beach AZ. My buddy in his Jeep Liberty wanted to push the limits of his truck. I mounted the camera inside the windshield and recorded in timelapse 1 shot per sec, then stretched it out to double the length and added music. I ran the trail in 2wd with AC and a canoe on the roof, which we used when we got to the river.

This is a dashcam timelapse video just to give everyone an idea of what to expect on the trail.

Return video of the Suburban will be uploaded once I am done editing it.

Andrei

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cool:Wow1: video Crazy! Looks like you had fun. So nice to see some wheeling footage with the complete absence of sleazy cuntrey musak! Nice job. Always a pleasure to follow your thread. Cheers, Chilli..:)

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Big Horn Cove trail SELFIE Video, different angle

Here is another view of the Suburban actually navigating the trail. I shot it in 1080p and sped it up to 4x. I'm trying to figure out the best angles for future videos. It was 111F for most of the drive back and buddie's Jeep was overheating so he did not wait for me in some of the funner sections.

Enjoy and let me know how I can make future videos better.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

Agreed, I keep watching his videos in hopes of seeing trails where a stock Suburban or even a Subaru can't make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior