2000 Suburban K1500 budget low lift with 37"s

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
The old car is a Hudson Hornet. The second truck is a Dodge Power Wagon. The bare cab may be a little trickier to identify...

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
The old car is a Hudson Hornet. The second truck is a Dodge Power Wagon. The bare cab may be a little trickier to identify...

nitro_rat,

Thank you so much for identifying the two vehicles.

Here are a couple more pics of the Hudson Hornet.

uKHwdhE.jpg

nFRaZ3r.jpg

Working on a couple videos right now.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Black Magic Mine in Death Valley

Slowly working on the videos from the last trip to Death Valley. New Deal Mine Rd was the most exciting to drive however once I sped it up the timelapse was not quite as dramatic as the regular speed version. THe trail started at the Owl Hole Spring and continued up into the mountains, we drove past the New Deal mine but I did not get out. As we approached the ore piles the trail became rough. At the ore bucket the trail became steep and loose, past the Ore bucket the trail susteained erosion from water damage and the road had 1-2ft deep trenches that were unavoidable. There were several trails in the area of the mine however I only ran the camera to the end of the highest and farthest in road. This was a fun drive to showcase the Sub's abilities to navigate terrain in 2wd.

Working on other videos and will upload them as they are done.

Last edited:

AlexCold

Observer
Awesome trip! I'm pretty sure the cab is from a late 30s early 40s Ford Truck, the flip up windshield is a giveaway.

Awesome trip! love the old mine shots, i would love to able to explore an area like that. nice to see you taking the kids along for the adventure.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I love your videos and pics Crazy. Cool looking adventures even if there is quick sand. I am sure those 37 inch tires will power you through. Cheers, chilli...:)

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Awesome trip! I'm pretty sure the cab is from a late 30s early 40s Ford Truck, the flip up windshield is a giveaway.

Most all trucks (cars too!) back then had a folding windshield. The sloping a pillar is uncommon for a truck. Terraplane trucks had a sloping a pillar but it’s not one of those. I’m guessing it’s something heavy. It’s not mack, reo, diamond t, ford, chevy, dodge, studebaker...

I’m not sure what it is!

AlexCold

Observer
That I know, I guess I meant the external pivots specifically. Usually they were internal hinges. The more I look at it, I'm thinking Chevy/GMC, but something big but not COE either.
1939-chevy-pickup-truck-all-original-never-restored-almost-complete-barn-find-2.jpg

We should all road trip out and investigate further!

EDIT: FOUND IT! Chevy Military Truck Roughly 1941
WWII%20Cab9.jpg

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
I love your videos and pics Crazy. Cool looking adventures even if there is quick sand. I am sure those 37 inch tires will power you through. Cheers, chilli...:)

Chilli,

The 37s were the best upgrade I have done to the truck and they roll over every obstacle effortlessly. We have many more adventures ahead of us this spring and summer.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
That I know, I guess I meant the external pivots specifically. Usually they were internal hinges. The more I look at it, I'm thinking Chevy/GMC, but something big but not COE either.
1939-chevy-pickup-truck-all-original-never-restored-almost-complete-barn-find-2.jpg

WWII%20Cab9.jpg

Yep, GMC CCKW “Deuce-and-a-Half”

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey

WWII%20Cab9.jpg

AlexCold and nitro_rat,

Thank you for identifying the mystery truck, credit was given in the original posting.

You guys rock, now I have to go out and find more vehicles in the desert to identify.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
VIDEO: Owl Hole Spring Rd

This is the 30 mile road leading to an abandoned military radio tower/repeater. 10 miles in is the Owl Hole Spring and the road to the Black Magic Mine where I found the vehicles in one of the previous posts. This road starts at nearly sea level just off Harry Wade Rd and continues to climb approximately 4,000ft over 30 miles to end up at the radio tower with views of Mt Whitney and Mt Charleston to the west and east.

Working on a couple more videos.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cant we just go out to the desert and grab some of these abandoned trucks and make some new projects?=
Crazy get on that! Cheers, Chilli...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier