Custom 2001 Ford F550 4x4 diesel Expedition Camper for sale

Nomadic52

Observer
I'm helping a friend sell his truck. He is from Calgary and had the build done professionally with all new custom built components starting in 2001 and it took two years and $235,000 to creat it. It was built with the goal of doing an around the world expedition and because of a family situation intervening, he never left. It has been used primarily for trips in the western USA and Canada as well as several trips to Baja where he and his wife currently are till the middle of January. Their cell service and data access is currently non existant where they are camping in Baja so I'm helping with getting this posted so when they return they will be available to show the truck and communicate directly as needed. My wife and I are currently in the Quartzsite AZ area doing some overland trips but generally have good cell reception so I'm available to answer questions if you'd like to call me. I'm fairly familiar with most aspects of the truck and can answer questions if you have them.
This is in incredibly good condition with very low miles at 50,000 miles. It has been extremely well thought out and goes far beyond even a well prepped track camper combo.
I apologize for the mediocre pics as I took them while the owner Randy and his wife were camped with us at Furnace Creek in Death Valley a few days ago so I didn't get any pictures of the rig when the Alaskan camper was down. Also Randy used to run huge 22.5 off road commercial tires but because they have been doing very little off-roading the last few years when they wore out, he went with lower profile Hancook commercial truck tires to save gas and less road noise.

Here's some details:

-50,000 miles, runs perfect
-automatic transmission with oversize cooler
-22.5 Alcoa wheels converted from dually to single rear wheels with fairly new Hancook tires
-dual Rancho shocks
-Airlift air bags in rear
-ARB AIR front lockers
-high capacity air compressor built in with air tank and hoses
-Bushmaster fender flares
-custom aluminum flatbed with several large locking storage cabinets including one directly behind cab big enough for spare wheel
-Webasto diesel heater for interior and water
-3 radiator fans
-700 watts of solar panels on roof
-150 gal stainless steel custom built water tank in place of back seat with storage shelving over
-200 gal of fuel capacity in 2 aux tanks and in main tank switchable from inside cab
-custom Alaskan flatbed camper with all white laminate interior in perfect shape
-2 burner propane stove with 2-20 gal tanks
-3000 watt Xantrex inverter
-Sunfrost refrigerator AC/DC (very high end, low drain and VERY expensive)
- batteries : 6 gel batteries
-Echo Xantrex battery transfer
-2 Fantastic vent fans
-heavy steel rear bumper with winch
-new sand anchor
-rear motorcycle carrier
-air conditioner
-all dual pane Windows

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Please feel free to call me with any questions. My cell number is 720-560-1178. Name is Mark Waters and we live in Oregon but are wintering in our motorhome and overlanding rig down in southern Az for the winter. Randy will most likely be coming through Quartzsite and staying with us for a few days on their way from Baja back home to Canada around the first week of January so it would be a good opportunity to check out this very unique overland camper. I'm guessing to duplicate a rig to this extent I. 2017 dollars would run upwards of $400,000 so at the price he is asking seems like a bargain considering how much even a used Sportsmobile 4x4 diesel van costs these days.

Nomadic52

Observer
The ad posted without me doing anything before I could finish with price and photos. He is asking $70,000 and here are some pics:

image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Racingdad

Adventurer
Just for clarification:
US or Canadian dollars?
7.3L Diesel: any modifications or rebuild.
The F550's were built in Louisville, Kentucky. So no importation problem. Was the truck previously registered in the US? If so this may help with custom fees.
Any chance they will be driving through Reno, NV on their way home? (Probably US 15 through Salt Lake if going back to Calgary)

Merry Christmas!

Tad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12