Unique 2005 F550 Expedition Camper - $68,000

AuntieM

Observer
Over the years we had many different RV's and campers. The only thing we ever used the microwave for inn those units was to store bread. You can also always take along a portable generator, the large storage bin would easily accommodate one.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Microwaves use next to nothing for battery power - you just need a big (generally 2000w plus) inverter. Which this does have. Sure they draw a bunch of watts but not for long, unlike AC.

We used our microwave and Vitamix all the time in our truck camper and never needed a generator, only solar.

marksgone

I have bought a vehicle from these guys before (F350 + Lance 1010 Camper) and got a great vehicle that had clearly been well maintained and constructed. I saw this one in construction, they didn't skimp on anything and thought through the whole build. The pricing looks good and the next owner will certainly get the same awesome reliability and comfort from the sale that we received. GLWS.
Cheers...

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Over the years we had many different RV's and campers. The only thing we ever used the microwave for inn those units was to store bread. You can also always take along a portable generator, the large storage bin would easily accommodate one.

Ours is usually just for storing eggs. Only installed a microwave to get our rig titled as an RV but we have used the microwave at least 3 times :). But we do carry a little Honda genset as a backup to the inverter for the espresso machine and to run an electric toaster some mornings. Having seen the size of that storage bin it would handle a big genset if needed.

Best of luck with the sale.

AuntieM

Observer
Yes, the Camper is still available. Please PM me if you are interested, or if there are any questions I can answer.

AuntieM

Observer
Price reduced

This rig needs a new home...Price reduced. Now $62,000. Make a reasonable offer......

Last edited:

hobietony

Explorer
Just checking in to say hi again to AuntieM, we shared a few meals and a camp zone at the 2014 snoverland expo. Very sorry to hear of your husbands passing, and good luck with the sale

Tony

AuntieM

Observer
Thank you for your kind words. Who would have thought that the Expo would be our last adventure in the Dirt Lab? Enjoy every moment, it can all change so fast.

AuntieM

Observer
For your consideration

I put an enormous amount of time and effort into the design and fit of this vehicle.( I was the design and procurement officer for the interior). I see so many articles that don't address the interior comforts of a rig. Our first extended trip was 4 months in a pop-up tent camper in Alaska and the Northwest Territories. I learned quickly, I wanted a shower and a bathroom. When we built this, Our goal was to travel to South America and we were told it was not possible to "dump" , therefore no black water tank. I enjoy cooking, learning to cook like the locals when we travel and there is nothing like a cold beer once you set up camp after a long days drive. Preferably on a beach watching the sunset. I want a comfortable bed , where I can rest peacefully and feel secure. Driving in Mexico demanded total concentration, if you were tired, you could not remain alert.
Another consideration...when the weather is bad, it is nice to have a comfortable, dry, ( and in the case of the snow at one of the last Overland Expo's) warm place to relax. A vehicle isn't just about getting down the road, which this one does well, but enjoying it once you get there.....

Since the passing of my husband, I have not used the camper very much....Only 4 days in the last year. I am reconsidering my travel style and needs. If you are interested in this, please contact me. I would entertain a partial trade for a smaller camper or van, plus cash.

If there are any questions, please PM me.

Michelle

AuntieM

Observer
Price Reduced $59,000 -

Original Post is updated
Priced Reduced to $59,000
Partial trade will be considered for a smaller camper/ Van.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles