M-416 Build

Gunner Actual

Man I have found the jackpot! I will be starting my build hopefully this summer and I will replicate your build as much as possible. Thank you so much for posting all that you have. Any updated pics?

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Man I have found the jackpot! I will be starting my build hopefully this summer and I will replicate your build as much as possible. Thank you so much for posting all that you have. Any updated pics?

Thanks! Nothing has changed with the trailer so no updated pics. I did put a few cool LED lights in the trailer, one inside the tub and another on the railing above the tailgate. I also sold my tent and I am trying to figure out which new tent I want. Good luck on your build!

jughead68

Hey, I love the trailer!! I am picking up a Canadian M101 and hope it comes out this cool. I live in Pismo Beach area and I was wondering where you were wheelin in this post from 2008? Looks like a cool place.

Here are some pictures of a weekend trip i did a few weeks back. The trailer did good, but my only gripe is the noise from the lunette. I am definately switching to a lock and roll system.

DSC03534.jpg

DSC03535.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03530.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

DSC03508.jpg

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Hey, I love the trailer!! I am picking up a Canadian M101 and hope it comes out this cool. I live in Pismo Beach area and I was wondering where you were wheelin in this post from 2008? Looks like a cool place.

Hello there, that is a local trail up in Big Bear. I have taken the trailer a few times to Oceano Dunes, love it out there. Good luck on the trailer.

terleira

Observer
Amazing Set Up!

Im planning on using a Sankey trailer. Will be reading a lot from this thread.

Congrats. Really great work.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Sold it!?!? Now I am sad. Did you sell them as a pair or separate?

I know, I am sad too...Sold them separate, someone came from the San Francisco area to pick up the trailer and someone local bought the Jeep. But with the money I built this :wings:
photo 2.jpg
photo 2.JPG

Last edited:

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Beautiful work

Here is a recent mod I did to the trailer. I decided I wanted to put 2-12V outlets and a LED light on a switch inside my RTT. I decided to use a Carlon junction box to place the outles and a switch for the light. I mounted the box on the tent floor and ran the wiring underneath. Here are a few pics.

P1020875.jpg

Here is the box when the tent is closed.
P1020877.jpg

Here it is when the tent is open.
P1020878.jpg

P1020879.jpg

Ran the wiring up the center frame tube.
P1020881.jpg

Just recently found this thread. Excellent work on the trailer and I must admit that I love the idea of the plugs and wiring for the RTT. Will be doing this mod to my own.

Thanks for the great write ups...

[edit]
Oh wow! Just got to the end of the thread a see that you've sold your trailer and ride for a pool! Well, it's a fine looking pool also - hope it hasn't meant getting dirty on the trails is now a thing of the past...

Last edited:

parcours

Observer
So I am in the process of dismantling the trailer and I am not sure what I should do for the final touches. I plan on getting the inside of the tub spray lined. As for the outside, should I get it spray lined as well? Or paint it? The guy at the liner place told me he can match the jeep for an extra $250. The outside of the tub has some blemishes that I think spray liner would hide. I also plan on powder coating the frame an the fenders as well. Any input would be appreciated.

Very nice setup... I like the storage and 12v outlet idea. I may compliment you by using the same mod.

As far as the liner... See my build: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/117001-Bantam-T3-C-Build/page6

I went with LineX all around... Top/bottom/sides/inside/out... And after that I used AspartX, a floor covering 2 part poly for the color. I was a bit skeptical at first, but in the end it came out outstanding. The reason I went with LineX is just as you mention, covering up all the dents that would never come out unless I spent a lot of time doing body work. With the LineX I don't ever have to worry about rust, anywhere in the trailer and the AspartX can be patched to matched perfectly.

Did you weld the vertical support bars for your rack to the frame below the tub?

Also how did you avoid having the tub warp when you cut out the entire back of the tub? Does the horizontal bar for your rack keep it from bending in?

Thanks in advance. I always wanted to do a rack system above the tub like yours and now I have my inspiration.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Did you weld the vertical support bars for your rack to the frame below the tub?

Also how did you avoid having the tub warp when you cut out the entire back of the tub? Does the horizontal bar for your rack keep it from bending in?

Thanks in advance. I always wanted to do a rack system above the tub like yours and now I have my inspiration.

The vertical supports for the rack are bolted to the horizontal frame support. I fabricated the vertical bars to follow the shape of the tub and secured it using rivets, it does not warp at all. The rack worked well under the tent and the slide out rack made it super accessible.

kjg26

Observer
Socaljeeper how much did you shorten the box? I'm starting from a bare frame and building my own box. I like the idea of shortening it for fuel tank or water tanks or somethin. Just curious how much yours was shortened and if you like it or would do anything different.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke