M-416 Build

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Here is an M-416 that I started over a year ago. I am still working on it and thought i would share. Here are a list of items I put in the trailer.

-33" tires with rock crawler wheels
-Rancho RS 5000 Shocks
-New springs and shackles
-New wiring with led lights
-Diamond plate Tailgate
-Deka AGM battery
-6 lights
-propane
-16 gal wtr tank with 2.8 gpm shurflo pump
-Pressure hose and water faucet
-Switch box for lights and wtr pump
-4 Acc. Sockets, battery charger, shorline plug
-Shovel and Axe mounts
-reciever on rear bumper
-two jerry cans
-Custom shelving/counter top

Here are some pics.

P1000494.jpg

P1000495.jpg

P1000493.jpg

P1000501.jpg

Here is where it is now.

P1010058.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010063.jpg

Last edited:

ZR2nit

Adventurer
WoW!!! Congrats. Thats one sweet trailer you got there. What kind of tent are you using???? Got any pics with it deployed??

socaljeeper

Adventurer
ZR2nit said:
WoW!!! Congrats. Thats one sweet trailer you got there. What kind of tent are you using???? Got any pics with it deployed??

Thanks, It is a Mombasa tent. Here is are somes pics with it deployed.

P1000740.jpg

P1000738.jpg

P1000737.jpg

P1000736.jpg

socaljeeper

Adventurer
shane4x4 said:
That truly is an inspiration!!
Great work!!

Thank you. I am still working on the fenders, they are almost done. Also, I plan on dismantling everything to get it sand blasted, spray lined and painted.

Bergger

Explorer
Sweet trailer! I really like the drop down counter you built. It did not look like you have any type of seal on it? I could have missed it. Any trouble with dust getting in and all over the contents? I know out west here dust will get into everything unless sealed really well. Once again I really like it!

H8T2W8T

Outstanding build! I recently picked one up from a buddy and plan on using yours as template for my build. What length of battery life are you getting?

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Bergger said:
Sweet trailer! I really like the drop down counter you built. It did not look like you have any type of seal on it? I could have missed it. Any trouble with dust getting in and all over the contents? I know out west here dust will get into everything unless sealed really well. Once again I really like it!

Thanks, I put some weather stripping around the perimeter of the shelving unit as well as the drawers. It is a really tight fit when closed, so nothing is getting into it when closed.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
H8T2W8T said:
Outstanding build! I recently picked one up from a buddy and plan on using yours as template for my build. What length of battery life are you getting?

Thanks. The battery that I have has about 130 amp hours. I just went on a 4 day trip and I was running the stereo, lights, water pump, and dvd player for my kids through out each day and I never had to charge it. It really depends on what you are planning to use with the battery. Try to use as much efficient products as possible and just calculate the amp usage per product to get an idea of how long your battery will last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles