Igor: Double Cab 4x4. Frankensteins Helper

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
That really is a sharp combo!

Thanks! I love it. It is just flashy and different enough to catch your eye. But not stupidly over the top.

The wheels look great against the green truck. They remind me of the classic Subaru rally gold rims:victory:

haha pretty close! Usually aren't that gold. The light really does change how they look.

Man, I'll be looking forward to your next installments!!! :)

Thx for answering the question! Cargo space can be quite a conundrum when changing footprints, but it makes sense that what you gave up in the bed you made up for in interior space.

-Andy

No doubt. Lucky for me it wasn't a HUGE platform change haha pretty similar. And the bed rack on Igor is a little more forgiving for height. So my OSK fit better under it than on Frank actually. Really, now that i now my cases fit perfectly I could really re organize stuff with just my ammo and medic case's and really have everything boxed up nice.

But wouldn't fit in Frank right so not worth the effort. Yet.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Did a mini mod today. And as far as im concerned, everyone needs to do this. It will save your door handles. Pull the doors panel off, grab some WD40 and go buy a panel tool so as to not break any clips.

Snowbash.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Then spray here:

Snowbash-2.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr
Snowbash-3.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr
Snowbash-4.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Seriously. Do it. It is unreal the difference. I love opening my doors now. No effort at all, doesn't pop open. Just gently opens. Like a brand new car.

I also put on some new mudflaps. Then got bored and went snow bashing with Ty and Josh @shipps was a fun time!

Snowbash-6.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr
Snowbash-7.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr
Snowbash-8.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

These are truly limited edition wheels :laugh:

Snowbash-9.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr
Snowbash-10.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Was a fun evening. Only got stuck when i tried turning around in a spot. Ty broke trail with his 35s so that helped a lot. We had a great time

Also, is it just me or has this website really really sucked the last week or so? loading times are ridiculous lately.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Looks like a blast! I didn't do any snow wheeling this year, except for that time I blew up my diff haha. I think I'm gonna hit the dirt (snow) again on Monday. Heading down to the Pryor Mountains.

Yeah the site has sucked for me too. Very slow and half the time it kinda just times out. Frustrating.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Looks like a blast! I didn't do any snow wheeling this year, except for that time I blew up my diff haha. I think I'm gonna hit the dirt (snow) again on Monday. Heading down to the Pryor Mountains.

Yeah the site has sucked for me too. Very slow and half the time it kinda just times out. Frustrating.

Yea been odd..glad to know its not just me. having server issues for sure then.

Pryors would be fun. Be some snow there i bet. Big Horns have plenty still. Hell we weren't even up the mountain haha was nice to scratch the itch a bit. i always feel a bit bad when i have to romp on Igor though. Would much rather abuse Frankenstein as i don't care if i romp on him haha

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Yea been odd..glad to know its not just me. having server issues for sure then.

Pryors would be fun. Be some snow there i bet. Big Horns have plenty still. Hell we weren't even up the mountain haha was nice to scratch the itch a bit. i always feel a bit bad when i have to romp on Igor though. Would much rather abuse Frankenstein as i don't care if i romp on him haha

Yeah I saw a video of a guy hitting the Pryors today and there was very little snow. We're supposed to have high 40s temps too, so that should help. It's going to break 50 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe wheeling season will start early again this year. That'd be cool as long as it doesn't light the state on fire again.

Gah I really need to get down to the Big Horns this year. It's a necessity.

Haha I know what you mean. I still baby Lola a little bit.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Yeah I saw a video of a guy hitting the Pryors today and there was very little snow. We're supposed to have high 40s temps too, so that should help. It's going to break 50 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe wheeling season will start early again this year. That'd be cool as long as it doesn't light the state on fire again.

Gah I really need to get down to the Big Horns this year. It's a necessity.

Haha I know what you mean. I still baby Lola a little bit.

Yea it has been warm down here the last few days. Flooding has started in the valleys pretty badly.

I think the big horns are WAY cooler then the Pryors...just sayin..and they aren't that much further..haha

Well i built Frank to beat the hell out of. And i do and he takes it quiet well...except when he breaks...haha

98tcoma3rz

Observer
I'm looking to install some front bump stops. Would you recommend the superbumps? Did you just put them in the front of the control arm or 2 bumps per side? Thanks

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I'm looking to install some front bump stops. Would you recommend the superbumps? Did you just put them in the front of the control arm or 2 bumps per side? Thanks

I do recommend them. They do get a bit hard when its cold out which make it ride a bit rough in the winter. But otherwise they help a lot especially the bigger bumps and whoops.

However they are VERY tall and very soft. So i'd recommend trimming a touch off of them. And you must leave one of the stock bumps on. The Superbumps are so soft that you will bottom out the shock if you just have them on.

I put my super bumps on the front mount of the LCA and left the back stock one on. So you only need 1 per side or 2 total.

the rear kit is also a nice setup.

98tcoma3rz

Observer
Great, thanks. I do have the rear kit installed but haven't taken the truck out yet. Just installed icon extended travel CO's so I figured I should do something about the stock bumps. How much would you think I should trim off the font superbumps?

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Great, thanks. I do have the rear kit installed but haven't taken the truck out yet. Just installed icon extended travel CO's so I figured I should do something about the stock bumps. How much would you think I should trim off the font superbumps?

That'll depend on your ride height you set on the coil overs.

I made the shims and cut 3/4'' off so that i am just barely off the bumps at ride height.

But that's the down side to bumping off the LCA is you'll be using the bump for a lot of travel no matter what because they are so far inside on the LCA.

I've heard guys doing 0.75'' to 1.25''. So really up to you. I haven't got any complaints about how mine are sitting right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94