Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2017 NW Overland Rally Thread

Lions Gulch

Hole in the rock

Course

It's all a matter of what equipment you have.

Quote Originally Posted by superbuickguy View Post
    It's all a matter of what equipment you have.
    Of course it is. We don't drive monster 40s, unfortunately. Such a cool truck. We're more of an "overland" built group with the most built vehicle being a long travel tacoma on 35s with lockers. Even he was slipping around pretty good, but nowhere near how much the rest of us were.

Which day did you guys run those trails? It looks way drier than when we went, and I am sure we would have seen you if it were Friday... We were out there seemingly all day.
    2006 Lexus GX 470 Sport- Front Runner Slimline II Rack, SCS F5s, 255/80R17 ST Maxx, OME BP-51s
    2016 Lexus IS300 F Sport- F-Sport Air Filter

Here's my instagram!
    https://www.instagram.com/alexxwilson_/

We went on Saturday. Left at 10:30 am, got back about 4. Most of the run was commuting. I'm glad you weren't the ones that were being asked after - when we got back, I am part of the 1st aid team, I was asked about some who had left before us and weren't back. Not sure where they were, but we didn't see anyone else on the trail. I also do SAR, and we didn't get a call out, so I presume all ended well.
    Last edited by superbuickguy; 06-19-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superbuickguy View Post
    We went on Saturday. Left at 10:30 am, got back about 4. Most of the run was commuting. I'm glad you weren't the ones that were being asked after - when we got back, I am part of the 1st aid team, I was asked about some who had left before us and weren't back. Not sure where they were, but we didn't see anyone else on the trail. I also do SAR, and we didn't get a call out, so I presume all ended well.
    Did you happen to see the other half of my recovery board? It snapped in half and was wedged inside of/under a root.. We tried and could not get the damn thing out.

I'm surprised your big 40 fit through those two trees. Our Tacoma friend was rubbing tires on both sides.
    2006 Lexus GX 470 Sport- Front Runner Slimline II Rack, SCS F5s, 255/80R17 ST Maxx, OME BP-51s
    2016 Lexus IS300 F Sport- F-Sport Air Filter

Here's my instagram!
    https://www.instagram.com/alexxwilson_/

A Unimog fit through those trees last year, My H3, I had to move the mirrors in to fit, didn't see the recovery board - picked up lots of beer cans, though

Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilson013 View Post
    Cool pictures! Which class is that with the FJ (among others) getting up on 3 wheels? Looks way more advanced than the "intermediate/advanced" off-roading class Saturday morning.

Good idea keeping the trail runs pretty tame this year, whoever had that idea. With the rain Thursday we headed up to "Hole in the Rock" for what we figured would be a slippery mess.

Turns out, it was indeed a slippery mess. Popped a bead on my tire and broke a couple of Tred Pro recovery boards. No body damage, but a lot of close calls with vehicles sliding way too close for comfort to trees on some of the off-camber turns and hill climbs. A group of 50 like a couple years ago would have been a longgggggg run. With just 7 vehicles it took us a solid 3-4 hours to complete the trail. On a dry day we run through it in closer to an hour.

Excellent event, Ray and all who worked hard to put it together. Although, I am starting to question how you know my buddy Sam... He has won the freaking winch two years in a row now... That cannot be chance!
    The 3 wheeled FJ was part of the spotting class

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yep, it was Paul's (one of the instructors, those guys are great). Demonstrating for the Offroad Basics class on Friday AM
    "If something's gonna happen, it'll happen out there" -Capt. Ron
    2012 F350/6.7l d w/Hallmark K2
    2016 2dr JK Rubicon

I have pictures of one of the instructors driving my FJ40 through the course... didn't realize it until afterwards that it was in 2wd.

Had to do something to make it a little more challenging for it...
    "If something's gonna happen, it'll happen out there" -Capt. Ron
    2012 F350/6.7l d w/Hallmark K2
    2016 2dr JK Rubicon

http://totalcomposites.com/ your supplier for European designed fiberglass sandwich panels and accessories.
    https://www.facebook.com/totalcompos...homepage_panel

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast