Transmission leak at radiator

Kaibab

I began hearing my ABS system working hard and noticed a leak underneath my 2001 Mitsubishi Montero. I opened up the bottom end of the engine and saw that day transmission cooler line entering the radiator was covered with fluid. The fluid had been blown back and saturated the passenger-side brake pad, and that was causing the ABS noise. Do you guys know if this is fixable or something that I should just go and replace the radiator and the lines?

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
You need to pinpoint where the leak is coming from. Buy some rags and wipe everything down, then run it and shine a flashlight until you see exactly where it is coming from. I'd say most likely the seal at the connection. Might be a cheap easy fix.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
You need to pinpoint where the leak is coming from. Buy some rags and wipe everything down, then run it and shine a flashlight until you see exactly where it is coming from. I'd say most likely the seal at the connection. Might be a cheap easy fix.

I echo this, it may be an easy fix of simply adding some thread tape to the fitting. Also make sure you check the ATF level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior