GoneMoab 2017 is here

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Today's update to everyone. We've basically finished up with the final touches for all of the evenings (Meet and Greet, Zaks, Raffle Night) and it should all go smoothly. Make sure you check out the schedule for times and all.

And now, at roughly the two weeks before folks start leave to head out mark, it's crunch time! I friendly reminder - go over your rig. I had mine checked out a few weeks ago, just to be safe (they said my out tie rods weren't gone, but were right at the edge) and had another check done today when I had new shoes put on (33" MT/Rs, if you're wondering). Turns out it's time for brakes all around and I've got an inner tie rod that's popping. I'll do the brake job myself this weekend and have the tie rods (inners and outers) replaced next Tuesday, then an alignment right after that.

This is why it's important to have all of the things checked, or check them yourself. Little things like this pop up and next thing you know, you're scrambling. Also, it helps prevent breakage on the trail - no one wants to be replacing tie rod ends on the trail.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Thank you from the organizers

Everyone,

On behalf of myself and the rest of the organizers, we'd like to thank you for attending and making this event great. There were epic pics and videos taken, some fun break downs and recoveries (some of which I even participated in!), lots of wrenching, and a generally fun time appears to have been had by all.

A special word of thanks to those who helped volunteer and/or trail lead. Without your help, there's no way we could pull off an event this big.

By the way, it looks like we're on for May 20th as the start date for next year's goneMOAB! Start your planning now! And, for some of you, start your mods now. It'll just be easier if you start earlier, eh? Couple of things to keep in mind for next year - we're looking to have more overland runs available as well as more trails. I also believe we're planning on putting out a survey to get feedback from folks. It'll cover things from the Meet and Greet to trails and things we can improve.

Thanks again and see you next year!

PGtroll1

No, thank you and the other organizers for putting together such an amazing week! Without you guys there would be no GONE!
It was and amzing week filled with tons of great trails, activities and people!

For those of you reading this who havent been to GONEmoab, you should make it a priority. You wont find a better group of people to wheel with and you'll make life long friends from it! This year was my 2nd time attending and I'll be back for the 3rd time next year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles