XP Camper V1 , Experience, thoughts???

MackTack

XP camper customer service

I just want to share a few thoughts regarding my experience with Marc. I reached out to him via email with interest in the X1, asking questions about pricing, best truck in his opinion, etc. He responded within a few hours with prices and details about how to proceed with a build. It was informative and greatly appreciated. However, I concluded that for 200k the X1 was out of my price range. I responded to let him know, and asked given his experience in the industry, if he could please recommend any companies that make a poptop camper of good quality yet somewhat affordable. This question was met with crickets.

Could this say anything about him and his business? More than willing to help a newbie as long as I am on the path to purchasing an XP, but dropped like a dead possum as soon as I ask for guidance toward a more affordable camper.

MackTack

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Could this say anything about him and his business? More than willing to help a newbie as long as I am on the path to purchasing an XP, but dropped like a dead possum as soon as I ask for guidance toward a more affordable camper.

Doesn't say much to me - as a busy business owner I'd consider myself justifiably annoyed at someone asking for recommendations on my competition. Although it really depends on how you ask. Email and online is tough, in person much easier to communicate properly without giving offense.

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
I'd have to agree with workerdrone. Attending one of the numerous expo's (NW Overland, Overland Expo W or E, etc) would be your best bet for finding other potential brands and talking with their sales folks and actual owners.

JamesY

I just want to share a few thoughts regarding my experience with Marc. I reached out to him via email with interest in the X1, asking questions about pricing, best truck in his opinion, etc. He responded within a few hours with prices and details about how to proceed with a build. It was informative and greatly appreciated. However, I concluded that for 200k the X1 was out of my price range. I responded to let him know, and asked given his experience in the industry, if he could please recommend any companies that make a poptop camper of good quality yet somewhat affordable. This question was met with crickets.

MackTack

You could potentially change this line:
".. please recommend any companies that make a poptop camper of good quality yet somewhat affordable..."

To:
".. please recommend any companies that make a poptop camper of good quality that might be within my budget .."

I know what you meant but .....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles