A visit to Gold Point Ghost Town in Central Nevada

Land Rover Las Vegas recently took some of our customers in their own vehicles out an an overnight trek to Central Nevada. We visited Rhyolite, Goldfield and stayed the night at Gold Point. We also visited several mines in the area including the Mohawk Mine,
the Silver Queen and the Sanger mine. Enjoy the photos!

9B1A5940 copy.jpg9B1A5962 copy.jpg9B1A5980 copy.jpg9B1A6004 copy.jpg9B1A6015 copy.jpg9B1A6021 copy.jpg9B1A6029 copy.jpg9B1A6039 copy.jpg

mkitchen

Explorer
Wow, Goid Point is in a lot better shape than I would have thought. I really need to make a trip out that way.
Mikey

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Gold Point is one of my favorite ghost towns. It's not a complete ghost town - there are still people who live there - but it's a pretty scenic place to visit.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
One thing I've always wondered about Gold Point - What is the deal with all the old fire engines? There could not have been that many fire engines there, that has to be somebody's obsession or collection. I'm sure there's a story there.
For those who haven't been there: There are (or were - I haven't been to Gold Point since 2013) dozens of fire engines all over the town. Everything from old 1950's style engines to modern angular fire engines to the big ones they use at airports and Air Force bases.
And they're not all in one place, like you would expect them to be if they were somebody's collection. From my recollection they are scattered all over town. Very weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles