1999 Freightliner FL60 Camper Phoenix AZ

Abitibi

Explorer
Wow, I didn't see that coming! You've been working very hard on this build, I'm surprised you're ready to part with it. Well, someone else will benefit! Good luck with the sale!

What's next???

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Wow, I didn't see that coming! You've been working very hard on this build, I'm surprised you're ready to part with it. Well, someone else will benefit! Good luck with the sale!

What's next???

Big Red! 2007 Freightliner M2 Crewcab. Check it out here.

Opportunity came up to have something that fitted the family in easier and also had a configuration that allows for a permanent shower/toilet setup. Although I am a little disappointed with the performance compared to this one. Talk about the tortoise and the hare.

3 campers.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
At this stage I haven't even checked the valves. I seem to have a surplus of domestic projects I need to finish up before summer gets here. Also since it is running I will leave it alone just in case I need it to go to Expo. It would be just my luck to sell the yellow one the week before expo and be stuck with nothing to take (and use as an example for my classes)

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Well, you could always hold a "Trouble shooting" class at the expo.....

Yeah that may not be the best ideal. I don't seem to work well when I have an oh so helpful audience watching over my shoulder and providing Monday morning quarterback type tips. I have been known to run a less than helpful spectator out of the shop at the end of a wrench (and it was his truck).

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
OK I put this rig up for the Cool Rides contest at expo west. It will be interesting to see how it rates against some incredible vehicles. Check it out HERE

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Since we will be. Ringing this rig to Expo I decided to finish off a couple of items that have been on the punch list forever. Probably the most interesting was making up some mounts for the traction mats. These are the old Marsden PSP landing mats in steel. Fairly heavy and not very pretty. But I managed to get a couple of 5' lengths in the backboard cupboard without impacting the carrying capacity much. Even managed to plonk the hilift jack in as well. (Mats come with the truck but the jack is not part of the sale. Not being tight but I think they are inherently dangerous and would not be part of passing one)

e66b2a6659bc31e2733bd5a6eab97e6a.jpg

6efa34f5f665d8d55b4b1b91aa5ca1aa.jpg

The other couple of items I crossed off the list were putting my solar setup on the battery side of the master isolator switch so I don't have to leave the master on to keep the batteries topped up when not using the truck.

Then one that is probably just as important was isolating the door switch on the side entry door. It turns the power sucking scene lights on normally as well as turning on one set of the dome light inside. A real bummer when you are camped with others around and you want to head out for a toilet stop or look around. Also disturbs the other half when they are trying to sleep in. Now we can leave the doors open without draining the batteries.

Last edited:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
It was sold for a couple of weeks but keep reading. Sold

Oops keep reading. It was "sold" to my daughter but they have decided to take another one I bought instead (2005 M2 Freightliner with a Cat C7) and do the interior to suit them better.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles