1999 Freightliner FL60 Camper Phoenix AZ

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
It actually stayed in the family. So I am happy because sellers remorse had set in before it was sold. The trip to Expo this weekend confirmed I didn't want it straying too far from home.

B85

Adventurer
Thanks for the good time. Sorry I missed the first day !

DSC_0027_zpssin822qc.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
OK guys its back on the market. I'm too busy (actually too lazy) to start another thread so I will just kick this one off again. Will consider realistic offers.

haven

Expedition Leader
Please include your asking price. I think it may have been deleted from an earlier post. Thanks.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Bump for road trip viewing opportunity details. LA - Phoenix - San Francisco through the national parks and back to Phoenix.

Keen to get this one out of the yard and start on the 4WD conversion of the big red truck so send offers along.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I had the axles and was getting ready to when the red dial cab truck grabbed me by the leg and wouldn't let go until I bought it . So I am putting the axles under it instead. But to be honest with the clearance this rig has and the size it it the 4WD was for the challenge not a necessity.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Bump again. Traveling in Colorado at the moment and then Denver to Phoenix next week with flexibility as to routing if someone seriously wants to look/buy it.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Back from Denver. Four Corners, Million Dollar Highway, San Juan's. Not a care in the world. Never had to pay for a camping spot although 1 night was spent in a Walmart car park.

A few days cruising the streets of Denver visiting friends on the old BM and sidecar in 75f sunny weather was not hard to put up with after being roasted in AZ either.

bb854f43f30822e86ce77598ec69856c.jpg

My heart ( and the wife) keep asking the question "should we keep this truck". My brain says 1 truck in the USA and 1 in Australia should be enough especially now my daughters family have their own.

a9fb5efb6044e8acde6d3952a9cb90db.jpg

Now if this one has not sold prior to the eclipse we will probably do a run up north to checkout what all the fuss is about. If someone is serious about wanting to look/buy and they are somewhere on the routing to an ellipse viewing site we could plan/divert to make that happen.

SDC

I always like the concept of ambo conversions, until I start thinking about how many people have probably died six inches away from where I'd be sleeping.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Officially no one dies in an ambulance. How many lives have been saved, how many babies have been born? And strange as it may seem I have never been at an accident scene and have someone upset that the ambulance has arrived.

Do you sleep in hotel rooms??? Care to imagine what has happened in there.

If you are worried you could always get a witch doctor to cut the heads off a few chickens in there. Or burn sage to get rid of the bad juju in there.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Officially no one dies in an ambulance.

Correct!

They either died at the scene or in the hospital once a Doctor pronounces them dead. If anything happens in the back of the ambulance, we immediately start CPR and continue it all the way to the hospital, so technically they are still alive until pronounced dead by a doctor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles