Gallivanter: An Ominous Beginning and an Optimistic Future

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
My girlfriend has even given this compulsive activity it's own verb: vanning.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time “vanning”. Morning, noon, and night. Sometimes I would read until 2 or 3 in the morning on the phone while my girlfriend slept next to me. Sometimes things at work suffered or didn't get done as expeditiously as was required because I was “vanning".….

Holy ****, that is so funny... My wife calls it the same thing... she's snoring in my ear right now as I'm in my third straight hour of vanning....

I'm subscribed. Next time you're down in Jarbidge try to meet Johnny Williams if he's still alive. He's my grandpa's cousin and for many decades was the postmaster, justice of the peace, constable, and all around patriarch of Jarbidge. He's a majical one-eyed character and good for a story if he's not finally kicked it. My grandpa was born there and grew up there around in the 1910-1920s- most of my all time favorite and fantastical stories happened in 1920's Jarbidge NV. Anyway, sorry I'm a bit of a long-winded rambler as well, back to vanning..

Last edited:
IMG_0018.jpg

Just drivelines, exhaust and a few odds and ends to go! im hoping to drive it for the first time next week. Then boy, do I have a ton of writing to do!

Jb1rd

Explorer
Way to go!!!! Nice work hanging in there and gettttttttttttin shizzzz done!!! (no easy task in winter)

java

Expedition Leader
Well I have followed your Bros thread on GRM forever so I guess I had better sub to this one too! :sombrero:

Petrolburner

Explorer
I haven't been on here much lately and this is the first time I read my brother's thread. I don't really do ride reports because of the amount of time and effort involved. I do post to instagram though, so click https://www.instagram.com/petrolburner/ for photos of Gertrude, my bikes, aerial firefighting, guns and my Corvette. Hey Tyson, when are you going to add a Corvette to your fleet?

So I was digging through my photos and getting stuff arranged for all I the posts I need to make for the start of this build, and look what I came across! Pics of my first van! This was the one that was periodically my address from time to time. I didn't know I had any photos of it. Oh boy the memories from this rig...

Last edited:
Drivelines are taking fooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver......still a few days out on them before I get them back to complete the mod. It will have been two weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94