- Heated/Insulating glass with windshield band
- Overhead control panel with 2 reading lamps
- Collision prevention assist
- Blind spot assist
- Lane keep assist
- Highbeam assist
- Automatic headlamps and windshield wipers
CL3 - Leather steering wheel
CT1 - Vibration dampener (for rear leafs)
D03 - High roof
D13 - Mounting rails for roof rack
E28 - Additional battery for retrofit
- Cutoff relay for additional battery
ED4 - AGM Battery (850CCA / 95Ah)
FY1 - Security alarm with interior motion sensor
H12 - Heater, Auxiliary front 5KW w/Timer
- Auxiliary heater sending unit
HY1 - Remote control for auxiliary heater
MT4 - High idle (driver adustable)
- Programmable special module
N62 - Pulley for additional alternator
Q24 - Cross member with 5000lbs tow capacity
VC5 - Aluminum entrance panel (sliding door)
W78 - Fixed window with washers/wipers (rear doors)
- Rear window defroster
- Cable duct on side wall
- Storage compartment with net (rear doors)
- cable duct on rear wall
ZH4 - Downhill speed regulator
T12 - Two stage sliding door
T85 - Assist handle, left rear door
T86 - Assist handle, right rear door
LB9 - Illuminated sliding door exit
R98 - Painted steel wheels, black

Album!

8pqKFzeh.jpg

HkSfXZUh.jpg

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

Observer
MECHANICAL
- Puma 12V Air Compressor (with water separator and tank of sorts) - PURCHASED
- ARB Differential Breather Kit - PURCHASED

Suspension
- Van-Compass front fox remote reservoir shocks with CDV - INSTALLED
- Van-Compass rear fox remote reservoir shocks with CDV - INSTALLED
- Van-Compass rear add-a-leaf - INSTALLED

ELECTRICAL
Solar and Battery Charging
- Victron (via AM Solar) solar system (panels, management, inverter, batteries) - PURCHASED

Stereo / Sound System
- Pioneer stereo head unit, DVD Bypass, iPod Cable, Cameras, extra AC Cable, Double DIN Dash Kit - INSTALLED
- Pioneer 10" Shallow Mount Subwoofer (x2) - INSTALLED
- JBL GTO938 6x9" (x2) - PURCHASED
- JBL GTO18T 1-Inch My-Ti Edge-Driven Tweeter (x2) - INSTALLED
- JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speaker (x2) - INSTALLED
- Pioneer GM-D9601 2400W Mono Block Amplifier (for subwoofers) - INSTALLED
- Pioneer GM-D8604 4-Channel Amplifier (for speakers) - INSTALLED
- Rockford Fosgate 2Farad Capacitor - INSTALLED
- Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Amp Wiring Kit - INSTALLED
- Install Gear Power Splitter Block - INSTALLED

Fuse Block / Wiring

Lighting
- Lightforce XGT 240 Lights (x3 - soon to be HID with upgrade kit from TRS) - Mounted on the front removable bar with bar clamps - PURCHASED
- Lightforce Striker 170 HID 'fog' lights - PURCHASED
- Morimoto 50" LED Light Bar - PURCHASED
- Rigid Dually LED Flush Mount Reverse Lights - PURCHASED
- Tuff LED Single LED Pods for Rock Lights (x8) - PURCHASED

HVAC
- Webasto Dual Evo 6 air / water diesel fired heater (with digital display) - PURCHASED
- Webasto diesel fired cook top - PURCHASED
- DC Airco 12V 9001 Air Conditioner - PURCHASED
- MaxAir Vent MaxxAir (x1) - PURCHASED

INSIDE
- Recaro Ergomed ES (x2) - INSTALLED
- Weathertech mats - INSTALLED
- ARB 50L Fridge / Freezer x2 - PURCHASED
- Cramer / Dometic Trash Bin - PURCHASED
- Lev-O-Gage (x2) - PURCHASED

Water System
-Thetford C220-CS Cassette Toilet - PURCHASED
- standing shower - TBA
- drinking water tank - 35 Gallons - PURCHASED
- grey water tank - 30 Gallons - PURCHASED
- Dometic sink- PURCHASED
- Sink Tap - PURCHASED

OUTSIDE
- roof rack - TBA
- Fiamma F65s 320 Deep Black Awning - INSTALLED
- Weathertech window vents - INSTALLED
- Van-Compass ladder for roof rack access - PURCHASED
- WARN Zeon 10-S 10,000 lbs Winch with 100' synthetic line (with wiring kit extension and wireless remote) - INSTALLED
- Ranger Chafe Guard for Synthetic Winch Lines - INSTALLED
- Factor55 Flatlink Shackle Mount - INSTALLED
- MaxTrax (x4) and MaxTrax Pins for mounting - INSTALLED

Vehicle Armour
- Aluminess front bumper - INSTALLED
- Aluminess rear bumper - INSTALLED
- Van Compass full skid plate (front, belly, gas tank) - INSTALLED
- Van Compass rock sliders - PURCHASED

Wheels and Tires
- Black Rhino York Matte Gunmetal Wheels (17x8) - SUMMER USE
- 315/75R16 Yokohama G072 Snow Tires on OEM Steel Wheels - WINTER USE

Last edited:

Wyuna

Observer
i had to wait over 5 months for my VW to come in, i wouldn't be surprised if MB was the same.

Nothing worse than waiting for your van to come in.

shouldbeasy

Observer
I've been procrastinating on updating this thread for a while - I was sticking to a local forum but will move over all of the updates (there are a few!).

i had to wait over 5 months for my VW to come in, i wouldn't be surprised if MB was the same.

Nothing worse than waiting for your van to come in.
Definitely!!!

I'm currently stockpiling a lot of items for the conversion so I can't wait for arrival - paint protection is top of my list though.

shouldbeasy

Observer
Alright, water talk time.

I'm going to have the ability to hook up to a serviceable RV site which includes a garden hose for water.
For filtering of the water coming in to the Sprinter I am going to go with this simple filter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010EEVR8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_36?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
31UK5WGloQL.jpg

At this point in the system I am not sure of the specifics. I want to have a large fresh water source available (for showering for multiple days hopefully) and thus a large grey water tank as well.
The width between the wheel wells of the Sprinter is 53". I figure that a tank that's 48" would be ideal as it would leave room for mounting brackets and plumbing - the tanks from these guys look to be quality and their sizes of 35 gallon and 44 gallon are the correct width. My thought was to stack the fresh and grey water on top of each other... But maybe a side by side set up would be best for weight distribution when it comes to the water sloshing around. I don't believe these tanks have baffles....

Having a secondary source of water strictly for drinking has crossed my mind - I think I am going to run out of room to install a RO system (damn that would be awesome) and so I don't know how to A.) produce drinking water from the water I take in, and B.) where to hold this drinking water, and I guess C.) how to plumb in the tap for the water dispenser.

I think I am going with a cassette toilet (and more specifically, this particular one and this door to the outside) but have also looked at composting toilets... not sure which one to go with. Worst case with the cassette is that I take two with me for longer trips where I can't dispose of it. I'm also wondering if I can rig up a system where I can pump it out and not have to lift it out... stupid back.

In summary:
1.) Fresh water and grey water tank sizes - how big?
2.) Fresh water and grey water tank placement - side to side or stacked?
3.) Drinking water - how to create it?
4.) Drinking water - how to store it?
5.) Drinking water - how to dispense it?
6.) Toilet - Going in a wet bath - does anyone have experience with any particular style?

bhguy

Observer
Sweet nice to see some one a couple of hours away...looking at the same rig ...or close enough. Why the heck dont m.b. use abbreviations for upgrades that actually makes some sence to the actual upgrades...things like vcp for heated seats...im worried the sales guys will flub it up

shouldbeasy

Observer
Sweet nice to see some one a couple of hours away...looking at the same rig ...or close enough. Why the heck dont m.b. use abbreviations for upgrades that actually makes some sence to the actual upgrades...things like vcp for heated seats...im worried the sales guys will flub it up

The van guy I dealt with ONLY deals with vans - hard to mess it up when that's the only product that he deals with! If he did he would't be too good as his job!

Also, lots of updates to the main page - links provided to a lot of the items purchased.

Last edited:

Anton2k3

Adventurer
For the fresh water system: I'm looking at ~500l tank. Its a lot I know (also not sure on the gvw of your van but I'm looking at the 5t variants), but I really like not having to worry about water supplies on the road. Grey I'd suggest something much smaller,, ~50-90l with an electronic gate valve to empty it with ease over drains etc. Sling the grey under the van with some trace heating frost protection, no need for it to take up valuable real estate inside (again, that's my plan).
Drinking water: I have used nature pure system in the past and it has been excellent, no need for separate tank. This connects to main tank, and is dispensed through drinking water faucet at the sink.
Toilet: cassette is an excellent system, but remember to build in storage for a second spare cassette. I'm planning a stainless steel shower tray with a decent up-stand to make up the bathroom floor, and just sitting the toilet on top of that (then fitting teak boards around it). Easy and robust.

shouldbeasy

Observer
For the fresh water system: I'm looking at ~500l tank. Its a lot I know (also not sure on the gvw of your van but I'm looking at the 5t variants), but I really like not having to worry about water supplies on the road. Grey I'd suggest something much smaller,, ~50-90l with an electronic gate valve to empty it with ease over drains etc. Sling the grey under the van with some trace heating frost protection, no need for it to take up valuable real estate inside (again, that's my plan).
Drinking water: I have used nature pure system in the past and it has been excellent, no need for separate tank. This connects to main tank, and is dispensed through drinking water faucet at the sink.
Toilet: cassette is an excellent system, but remember to build in storage for a second spare cassette. I'm planning a stainless steel shower tray with a decent up-stand to make up the bathroom floor, and just sitting the toilet on top of that (then fitting teak boards around it). Easy and robust.

Thanks for the suggestions - are you concerned with that amount of water sloshing around and affecting the center of gravity of the van and stability? I went with the most mobile platform of Sprinter and thus won't be loading it with extremely heavy choices of items. Weight is definitely a consideration in every purchase.

I'm also planning the same style of shower as I have a friend who can purchase stainless steel for me and I'll get him to bend it as well. Should work fantastic with a teak floor. Sounds like we're thinking along the same lines for the bathroom / wet room set up.

shouldbeasy

Observer
Took delivery of the van about a month ago now - not many km's on it but the modifications are starting!

Had the vehicle for about 4 hours and already had the dash and doors apart for speaker replacement - learned a lot about the construction of the van and how everything is attached with Torx screws. Certainly glad I have experience with the 4Runner in doing serious modifications as it has given me the confidence to move forward with this rig.

I think it was day 4 that I had put the 4" hole saw to the fender for the snorkel install - measure twice and cut once! With the supplied template it's quite easy to get it all aligned and thankfully it bolted up without an issue - I realized afterwards that I used steel rivnuts for the fasteners and so I'll be changing them out to stainless steel soon enough (waiting for my ebay order to arrive).

Before I get too crazy with offroading I knew I wanted to protect the paint from rock chips and scratches the best I could - so I hit up the local NanoCeramic Coating applicator (ZR Auto in Calgary - they do an AMAZING job, can't recommend them enough) and they applied 4 coats of 9H coating to the van along with Suntek paint protection film all over the front, above the windshield onto the roof and the headlights as well - lastly I had them apply a windshield protector called Clearplex as I don't ever want to change this windshield - holy **** it's huge.

Here is the album (will be ever growing I think) and also a few pictures of the Sprinter and the Fiesta ST it will be towing around!

nYFiTCUh.jpg

V5IBEMDh.jpg

Snorkel Install Pictures
KGR4G33h.jpg

H9p9ILQh.jpg

bd9EtPvh.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles